NCT's Iron Chef 8: Battle Ground Meat

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
For Iron Chef 8, the secret ingredient is……..

Ground Meat (any kind as long as it is ground)

As with the other ICs, this is a challenge to ourselves. There is no judging, and no winner. We are ALL winners in this since we will all benefit from the creativity and new recipes that this challenge will bring us.

The rules are simple, make any kind of dish you want, in the oven, on the grill, in the smoker, etc. Drink, Appetizer, Main Course, Dessert, etc. The only stipulation is that you must use Ground Meat in some way in the dish.

Once your dish is ready, it’s a good idea to make a new post with your recipe. Then post a link and a picture of your recipe to this thread. Alternatively, if you like, post your recipe and pictures here. In the end, we will compile all the results into one thread for easy searching.

Let the Battle begin!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Yeah, this out to be a big one. I can imagine doing 3 or more entries myself! :clap:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Yeah, this out to be a big one. I can imagine doing 3 or more entries myself! :clap:

my brains is racking up ideas .... oh lots of ideas..lol

oh and i figured out a new recipe for smoked mac & cheese... just gotta get one of the ingredients

Love2"Q"

Attachments

• DSC_0013 [].JPG
    DSC_0013 [].JPG
    115 KB · Views: 441

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I have two ideas cookin'. I do hope some more join in. The more the merrier :bouncy:.

Biskit

Wups! How d'hell did I get in THIS thread?? About all I know what to do with ground meat is season it, pack it into patties and fry 'em up in the pan or on the grill.

CYA L8TR!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Wups! How d'hell did I get in THIS thread?? About all I know what to do with ground meat is season it, pack it into patties and fry 'em up in the pan or on the grill.

CYA L8TR!

So...take a picture of that..!

buckytom

Grill Master
yay, i finally can get into one.

i've been jonesing for some meataballs and skettis, so i hope to get that done this week, using turkey meat. i think i may try turkey meatballs stuffed with a piece of cheese like parm or locatelli.

lesley

Inverted-burger-and-lettuce.jpg
Inverted Burger..made with ground beef, sundried tomatoes & onions, stuffed with cheddar & halloumi cheese

GotGarlic

yes it's on my cooking page
http://www.cookingwiththejoneses.co...s/main-course/cheese-burgers-the-joneses-way/

I do them with Stilton cheese as well, can you get that?

Great, thanks!

Yes, there's a very good grocery store near my work that has lots of imported cheeses. Speaking of halloumi, I didn't buy it today, but I bought some Greek yogurt, bulgur wheat and feta cheese at a Middle Eastern market that's inside a Middle Eastern restaurant; they have halloumi, kesalotiri, and others. I love that place :in_love:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
So far, all are looking wonderful. And to think, just a few months ago I couldn't even work my own camera!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Roadkill & a Side Salad

There's a chain restaurant in Texas named Texas Road House. They have a chopped steak that they call Roadkill, and I love it. I tried to duplicate that. They may call it roadkill because (I think) they use the pieces that they cut off of the prime cuts and ground them up for this dish. I was more generous with my toppings :biggrin:.

3681777414_6bf8a98e00.jpg

3680962457_5a86c0b1b2.jpg

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
That looks wonderful, Cooksie! I love the caramelization on your vegetables! :a1:

chowhound

Roadkill & a Side Salad

There's a chain restaurant in Texas named Texas Road House. They have a chopped steak that they call Roadkill, and I love it. I tried to duplicate that. They may call it roadkill because (I think) they use the pieces that they cut off of the prime cuts and ground them up for this dish. I was more generous with my toppings :biggrin:.

Prime cuts of what, armadillo? :yum:

That is one beautiful dish and has everything I love in it. There for a while, when I was a kid, ground sirloin burger is all I would order in a restaurant. I'm going to make that bad boy for dinner one of these nights.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Prime cuts of what, armadillo? :yum:

That is one beautiful dish and has everything I love in it. There for a while, when I was a kid, ground sirloin burger is all I would order in a restaurant. I'm going to make that bad boy for dinner one of these nights.

That's only served on the half shell.....:yum: