Iron Chef Battle: Hot Dog Toppings

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Since our friend Keltin, the resident Bushman, is MIA. I hope that it is alright with everyone if I took it upon myself to find the next Iron Chef Competition. I tried to use the random number generator that Keltin used but the page would not load so I used this one: http://www.psychicscience.org/random.aspx and came up with the number 26. I used the list that Keltin provided here: http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7858&page=3 (by the way, could one of the mods move that thread to the IC Forum and make it a sticky?) and came up with Hot Dog Toppings. I guess the same rules will apply as before.

So, if everyone is in agreement, this challenge’s secret ingredient is……..

Hot Dog Toppings!

"As with the other ICs, this is a challenge to ourselves. There is no judging, and no winner. We are ALL winners in this since we will all benefit from the creativity and new recipes that this challenge will bring us."

"The rules are simple, use the secret ingredient in a dish. It can be any dish from appetizer, to main, to desert. Your choice. Just use the secret ingredient in any manner you like."

"Once your dish is ready, it’s a good idea to make a new post with your recipe. Then post a link and a picture of your recipe to this thread."

"The challenge begins today, 6/08/09, and the deadline for you submission (recipe and picture) is this coming Sunday, 6/14/09, by 9PM. But remember, this is just for fun and to challenge ourselves. It allows us to dig deep and be creative with the secret ingredient, and NCT gets more new recipes for all of us to enjoy. Everyone wins in this challenge!"

LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Sure Britain has hot dogs.
The most popular way of eating them is with caramelized onions on top.

chowhound

Sure Britain has hot dogs.
The most popular way of eating them is with caramelized onions on top.

Hey, I had to ask. They have brats, too, but in an old post where someone was having a hard time cooking brats without them "inverting", they obviously weren't like the US's brats.
I was ready to put some Smith's hot dogs on dry ice and ship Ray some :chef:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I forget what brand we found when I lived in Yorkshire, but it was at some grocery store in Leeds, and they were like American hot dogs.
geez, they even have them in a jar over there, or else they used to.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I forget what brand we found when I lived in Yorkshire, but it was at some grocery store in Leeds, and they were like American hot dogs.
geez, they even have them in a jar over there, or else they used to.

And you get to wash them down with much better beer than that made in the US, right Miniman?

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Just curious - Does the preparation of the dog itself enter into this contest? Grilled, fried, boiled, etc? How about something inside the dog, like cheese?

Thank you Mama for keeping things going.

Andy

BTW - The requested thred has been moved and stuck.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Thank you Mama!! I’m so glad you carried it on! So.....Hot Dog Toppings. This will certainly be a challenge. I’m looking forward to it!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thank you Andy for moving the thread...I had a heck of a time finding it. As for how the hot dogs are cooked...sure, why not...if it's important to your hot dog toppings, I think that it should be a part of your recipe.

Now that you're back Mr. Bushman...it's all yours. I was just trying to hold down the fort until you got back. :flowers:

Last edited:

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
And you get to wash them down with much better beer than that made in the US, right Miniman?

We have better everything (tongue firmly in cheek). I actually do not drink beer, but my friends know of very good ones and the pub next to our new house to be does real ale.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
alright now that i can finally eat knowing Keltin is safe and sound..lol

here is my entry

Hot Dog w/corned beef,marble cheese,honey mustard and fresh green onions

if you dont have corned beef, pastrami works well here as well... pastrami is just smoked corned beef

camera batteries died so all i got was these 2 pics

2d94ot4.jpg

2iuzwig.jpg

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Damn! Bam is already in!!

Nice job brother!!! Way to set the bar high!

I've been pounding my brain and tossing ideas on DW and the neighbor......I got something for you tomorrow night!

Great job....and, uh, I'll take 2 please!!! :clap:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
the best part about this is that the corned beef was freshly cooked and so juicy..mmmmmmmmm

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
No kidding! And what is up with those Canadian Hot Dogs??? Those things are HUGE!

Uh....do not start. No one! Hear me! :lol:

th hot dogs are regular sized ones..lol

but the bun i had was double the size of a regular one so i had to put two hot dogs in it

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
th hot dogs are regular sized ones..lol

but the bun i had was double the size of a regular one so i had to put two hot dogs in it

Maybe it's the pic, but I'm telling you, Hot Dogs down here aren't that big unless you get the family pack of "Super Dogs". I'll post pics tomorrow and you'll see.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Maybe it's the pic, but I'm telling you, Hot Dogs down here aren't that big unless you get the family pack of "Super Dogs". I'll post pics tomorrow and you'll see.

i miss ballpark franks... we cant get those here

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

Ain't that the truth!

FooD

I can't participate in this contest until I pick up some Hebrew National dogs from Costco. Is there a deadline for this contest?