Mistress of the Dark's...

Anyone remember Elvira? Here's a new wine from the Mistress of the Dark - Elvira's Macabrenet, retailing for $25. Drink it if you dare. Mwahahahaha.
elvirawine.jpg

Television star Elvira - aka Cassandra Peterson – is already the Mistress of the Dark, but Mistress of the Vine?
In conjunction with Sort This Out Cellars, a small producer of California wines, the horror movie maven will unveil her line of fine, handcrafted wines on December 3. The first release, a 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon called Elvira’s Macabrenet, will retail for $25.
As host of the campy ‘80s television show Midnight Macabre, Elvira’s fame previously landed her endorsement deals with beverages like Coors Light and Mug Root Beer. This, however, marks her first foray into wine.

Along with winemaker Michael Cobb, the woman known for her irreverently funny, sexy wisecracks involved herself in all aspects of the process, including blending, art direction and, from the looks of it, marketing. The wine is appropriately described on the Sort This Out Cellars website as, “Full-bodied, well-rounded flavors from exotically plump, ripe berries give this wine it's eerily dark and devilish flavor.”

To celebrate, Elvira will appear to sign autographs and bottles at Terravant Wine Co. in Buellton, CA, home of Sort This Out Cellars production. The event will be from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. on December 3 at Avant’s Tasting Room.

http://www.allaboutthegrape.com/north-america/california/128-drink-elviras-wine-if-your-dare

Last edited:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh yeah, I remember her. I sure would not shell out 25 clams to try her wine though. I figure you'd be paying as much for her name being on it as the wine......I admit I sure could be wrong about that.