What herbs are good in a pitcher of water ?

GotGarlic

I think that's mostly a matter of personal taste, although mint is popular; I have lemon balm that you could use for that - some people put it in iced tea. I'm not sure what else.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Mint
or
lemon grass
or
rosemary

Why?? What are you making?

And fresh, always always fresh!

abi_csi

Mint is lovely. Chuck some edible flowers in, Elderflower would be lovely, Hibiscus or Jasmin. They would look pretty too.

buckytom

Grill Master
dried jamaica flowers are really good steeped in hot water, strained, then cooled and poured over ice with some sugar.

btw, it's not juh-may-kuh, like the country. it's pronounced sort of like huh-mike-uh.

i just bought a bag of them, along with some chipotles. the cabinet they're in smells great every time i open it. sweet, flowery, and smokey all at the same time.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
buckytom said:
dried jamaica flowers are really good steeped in hot water, strained, then cooled and poured over ice with some sugar.

BT is so right! Very popular drink here - it is made with hibiscus flowers. It's also very healthy. Tastes a little like cranberry juice, but better. I drink it all the time. I buy the jamaica already in a BIG teabag, so it is easier to make.