Scrambled Eggs - To Season or Not To Season

RoadKing

I like to season my scrambled eggs, I think eggs season very well. I use garlic powder, oregano, Italian seasoning, celery salt, black pepper, Cajun seasoning etc.

I never use the same thing twice, every body that I've fed them to (including some that made faces) have loved the results.

Has anyone else played with their eggs?

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
I use different things but only in small amounts, I don't want to kill the eggs, I want to taste them. If you're in the mood try the oregano, It sounds odd but works very well.

I'll give that a try. If I don't like it I have a cocker spaniel who LOVES eggs:yankchain:

KKsMom

Blond Member
My hubby once added sliced celery to an omlet and it made me want to vomit from looking at it, but it actually tasted GREAT- I can only imagine how good celery salt would be added to the eggs. Mmmmm, it is actually making me crave a bloody mary :yum:

Stussy's_Angel

I love tobasco on my eggs! I usually season simply with s&p and occasionally dried onion flakes. If I'm feeling adventurous though I'll add dried herbs like organo (yes, it really is good) or some creole seasoning. I usually only season them with other stuff if I'm cooking for myself, DH doesn't care for all the extras. Just salt, pepper and ketchup for him. :sick:

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Same here. I love tabasco on my eggs. If thats not around then fresh cracked pepper. And yes... Ive played with my eggs. :shifty:

Linda1946

Sometimes I do a refrigerator cleanout on the weekend so will chop and saute leftover tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, peppers or whatever happens to be in the crisper in some lovely butter with some herbs, salt and pepper. Once it has all cooked together I spread it over scrambled eggs and serve. Nice lunch on a Saturday or Sunday.