Sausage and Polenta Parmesan

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This was wonderful and easy - I'll make it again!

I put sauce on top of the polenta and cheese when plating it, so you can't see the nice, white mound which would have made a better presentation.

Delicious!

Served with warm rosemary focaccia. And a glass of Malbec.

Lee

One-Skillet Sausage and Polenta Parmesan

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes...t-sausage-and-polenta-parmesan-recipe-2043251

• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 17-ounce tube prepared polenta, sliced into 8 rounds
  • 8 ounces sweet or hot Italian sausage, casings removed
  • 6 ounces cremini mushrooms, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 28-ounce can whole plum tomatoes, crushed by hand
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, plus more for topping
  • 8 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
  • 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese

1371606899381.jpeg
Directions

Preheat the broiler. Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the polenta and fry until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.

Add the sausage to the skillet and cook, stirring and breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until just browned, about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until they soften, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the parsley.

Arrange the polenta rounds in the skillet on top of the sauce. Place the mozzarella slices over the polenta and sprinkle with the parmesan. Broil until the cheese is browned and bubbling, about 3 minutes. Top with more parsley and pepper to taste.

Attachments

• Sausage%20parm%201.JPG
    Sausage%20parm%201.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 146
  • sausage%20parm%202.JPG
    sausage%20parm%202.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 141
  • sausage%20parm%20plated.JPG
    sausage%20parm%20plated.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 143

I.M.Cal

Looks and sounds delicious. But I would have been just as happy with just the bread and butter With a good cup of coffee! Yummy! :)