What's Cooking NCT Sun. 5/3/2015 to Sat. 5/9/2015?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
We are having corned beef, boiled taters and cabbage and cabbage salad (with vinaigrette dressing DD1 won't eat cooked cabbage and I like the flavor of the vinegar with the corned beef).

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Tonight dinner was pan grilled chicken breast, Mama's great baked beans-n-bacon & macaroni salad.
Attached Images
attachment.php

homecook

Grilled my dinner.....Pepper jack and jalapeno stuffed burger, bacon/cheese foil pack potatoes and corn on the cob.

Attachments

• 102_4703.JPG
    102_4703.JPG
    271.6 KB · Views: 213
  • 102_4709.JPG
    102_4709.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 209
  • 102_4708.JPG
    102_4708.JPG
    186.6 KB · Views: 212

Saliha

Fried pike fillets with mashed potatoes and salad for lunch.

4c5n30rs9xa0.jpg

Seasoned with a pinch of salt, white pepper and lemon juice. :flowers:

Saliha

Early dinner:

ojvontfkdglo.jpg

Fried pork, vegetables and taco sauce, rice and Brussels sprouts.

Maybe raspberry ice cream for the dessert. :thumb:

Embryodad

Had a mixed up past week and up till ? God only knows when.
Tina Mommy is traveling to St. Barnabas Hospital every day. Her 93 y/o Aunt is in for tests after the horror of the 911 and all the flashing lights.....

I haven't cooked us a real solid meal in day's. The Trauma of the last past day's doesn't warrant any good appetites from either of us.
I had a McDonalds Big Breakfast... and a ham and cheese on rye for supper.
Tina had a Bologna Sandwich....
Wow! Not a hint of Gourmet anywhere on our plates. For the time being I hope!

Supposed to rain tomorrow, so maybe some soup, like potato or mushroom.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Grilled burger, macaroni salad & steamed veggies...no bread, because SOMEBODY hasn't made burger buns in a long time. Slacker... :yum:

Attachments

• Dinner 050615.jpg
    Dinner 050615.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 361

Embryodad

Cooked frozen Stuffed Cabbages today. Why??.... Because the pack of them slid out of the freezer and fell on the floor.
I also made ( baked ) some frozen stuffed flounder from that Omaha Steak gift pack we got from the kids.

Made some boiled shrimp too.

Embryodad

I am seriously thinking of picking up one of these. Bet Mommy could fill it in 2 weeks. :wow:
This one is nice! hahahah A His and Hers. :fridge: Or... Mommy could put me in the other half when I die. That way she could keep collecting my pension and #SS.... LOL

Shermie

Site Supporter
I am seriously thinking of picking up one of these. Bet Mommy could fill it in 2 weeks. :wow:
This one is nice! hahahah A His and Hers. :fridge: Or... Mommy could put me in the other half when I die. That way she could keep collecting my pension and #SS.... LOL

Looks like a combo fridge / freezer! :weber:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Probably!.... But one thing, I wouldn't want to pay the electric bill to run that thing.

It would make a great Man Cave though!.... LOL

It could solve all of your cold storage problems.

And speaking of electricity, if you had one in the kitchen, well during the winter, you would not have to worry about keeping it warm, because the refrigerating system would warm up the kitchen nicely.

But in the summer, you'd catch pure hell because of the heat that it gives off to help keep the food cold / frozen!!

Just try going to New York's Penn Station during the summer. It is so bloody hot on those platforms, because all of the trains have their air conditioning systems on, and they give off so much heat that you'd swear the heat is on full blast there!!! :shitHitsFan:

Embryodad

Today is Hmmmmm??? Day!
Wondering what to make for supper??
I know Uncle is going to have a Swansons Hungry Man Frozen TV Dinner.

I do have a thin Boboli crust, and a coat of sauce and cheese would be nice.? Maybe!

Had Stuffed cabbages last night, and Mommy could have that.

homecook

Last night I made a pork tenderloin. Noodles Alfredo and sauteed kale.

Today I made Oreo cookie cheesecake cupcakes. Yum!!

Attachments

• 102_4714.JPG
    102_4714.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 157
  • 102_4719.JPG
    102_4719.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 142

Embryodad

It could solve all of your cold storage problems.

And speaking of electricity, if you had one in the kitchen, well during the winter, you would not have to worry about keeping it warm, because the refrigerating system would warm up the kitchen nicely.

But in the summer, you'd catch pure hell because of the heat that it gives off to help keep the food cold / frozen!!

Just try going to New York's Penn Station during the summer. It is so bloody hot on those platforms, because all of the trains have their air conditioning systems on, and they give off so much heat that you'd swear the heat is on full blast there!!! :shitHitsFan:
Haaaaaa! You bet it will.
My kitchen is warm in winter. It is sandwiched in the middle of the house. The oven and cooktops have gas pilots that burn all year. I have a six burner top, and I only light one burner pilot. There are two side by side ovens, and only one pilot is lit. The other one only on the holidays when the girls are baking etc. I just use the surelite clicker to light the burners as needed. Then the side by side refer / freezer blows heat. Winter is ok, but summer is hot. A lot of heat of rejection.

Embryodad

Last night I made a pork tenderloin. Noodles Alfredo and sauteed kale.

Today I made Oreo cookie cheesecake cupcakes. Yum!!
Golly!.... That surely looks great.

The pork is cooked just the way I like it. The noodles are really awesome looking too.
Never had noodles Alfredo. I gotta try that.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Haaaaaa! You bet it will.
My kitchen is warm in winter. It is sandwiched in the middle of the house. The oven and cooktops have gas pilots that burn all year. I have a six burner top, and I only light one burner pilot. There are two side by side ovens, and only one pilot is lit. The other one only on the holidays when the girls are baking etc. I just use the surelite clicker to light the burners as needed. Then the side by side refer / freezer blows heat. Winter is ok, but summer is hot. A lot of heat of rejection.

I think that the new stove that is going to be put in the kitchen of the apartment that I'm moving to, is going to have pilotless ignition for the burners & the oven.

So there should not be any energy-stealing pilots in it, except maybe for the water heater. :piesmiley1::eating2: :bounce:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I am planning on making Linguine and White Clam Sauce tonight.

Embryodad

Tonight we have Chinese from ShopRite.
I just sampled some, and it is great,
. Tina was in Livingston, NJ at the nursing facility where her Aunt was just admitted for rehab, and the Shoprite Supermarket there has Cooked Food. We don't have that by us.

Oh Well..... At least I don't have to cook.

Last night She stopped at Carmines in Netcong, and brought home pizza; sausage sub for me, and a meatball sub for her. They were good, but too much bread. I scrape out some of the bread when I make sub sandwiches.
I dry out what I remove, and make bread crumbs. No Waste!!

Tomorrow is a double celebration. Mothers Day, and Jim Jr's 46th Birthday....He wants southern fried chicken. Tina's gonna make it for supper.

DD is gonna set up a Brunch earlier. It's amazing, that I am not cooking. It's a first as far as I can remember.

I'm not a fan of southern fried chicken, but I'm sure I will find something I can eat!:glare: