To the ladies. acknowledgement!

Lefty

Yank
Being in a relationship for close to twenty years I tend to take for granted all the other things I don't usually worry about. After 5 weeks on the road I am doing everything which makes me more appreciative of all the things my old lady does. Yes ladies I did mention this to her. It is weird worrying about laundry grocery shopping ironing and everything else. I do my share don't get me wrong I am just not used to doing everything. Flowers are on the way.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
>>After 5 weeks on the road

try an 8 month Med deployment.
back to back off a 6 month Med deployment.

ps: you'll need more flowers.

Lefty

Yank

If that's what you signed up for you know that from the jump. We are new to this and I wanted to make a point of appreciating it.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Being in a relationship for close to twenty years I tend to take for granted all the other things I don't usually worry about. After 5 weeks on the road I am doing everything which makes me more appreciative of all the things my old lady does. Yes ladies I did mention this to her. It is weird worrying about laundry grocery shopping ironing and everything else. I do my share don't get me wrong I am just not used to doing everything. Flowers are on the way.

I think you're a very special man, Lefty.
.. and your lady deserves the flowers as well.
When my first hub used to go on reserve time away, he used to say how much he appreciated and missed being home with me and the kiddos.

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter

If that's what you signed up for you know that from the jump. We are new to this and I wanted to make a point of appreciating it.

yup.

Also, I thought most deployments, especially Navy were only 6mo.?

Either way, I agree with Lefty. You, and your partner/mate, know exactly what you are getting into, v. a situation where it comes up. . . not that one makes the either easier to deal with, it just makes it easier to handle as you know it's part of the package, and that's what you sign up for when you get involved.

My ex-inlaws worked GREAT together for the 30 years they were married, so long as HE was on deployment for half the year, lol. After he retired, they divorced within 3 years. They married right out of high school, but never spent any real time together until retirement, and by then, it was too late. She wanted the benefits, he did the time.

I am glad that your short time has made you value what you have, Lefty. Sometimes, it takes getting away to realize what it is you have. Repay her with love, understanding, and passion.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good post Lefty. :clap: :clap: :clap:
I used to have to travel frequently, and sure can relate. I'm thankful that since being married I have never had to be away for more than three weeks at any given time. And at the time 3 weeks seemed like forever.
Hope these last two weeks fly by for ya.
Have you had enough free time to visit LA and all those sites? San Francisco would be another fun weekend if you are looking for some new scenery. Somehow I doubt that is the case, there comes a point in all travel when you just wanna go home. :thumb:

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
>>Also, I thought most deployments, especially Navy were only 6mo.?]

only when things go according to plan and the relief force actually shows up on time . . .

Lefty

Yank
During today's teleconference I found out we are being asked to pony up for the next ship in San Diego. With my alternative choices being May Port Florida & Norfolk VA I am going to stick with San Diego. The crew I work with is professional and good at what they do.

Thanks for the nice comments.

Lefty

Yank
Mama Bear Lefty was having a bad morning on the right coast and she mildly snapped at me in the morning. Nothing major just frustration. A little later I got a call during lunch that started out with a big thank you, they're beautiful and an I'm sorry. Timing was perfect. I feel good about this trip and connections I made new and some old ones re worked from 10 plus years ago. I need to do a quick meeting to plan my next trip out next week. I come back for 3 weeks next time. That will seem like a long weekend compared to this trip. Have a great weekend NCT.

Lefty

Yank
Here is a pic

Attachments

• 121019950000.jpg
    121019950000.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 82