What's cooking NCT Sunday 9/23/12 to Saturday 9/29/12?

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my doctors & nurses agree that i ought be on a gerber-esque diet fer a few, so i got that earlier. my 1 nurse took me for an early dinner this afternoon. got a chix salad & picked the chix, fruit & bleu crumbles from that. i'll have the other foods later tonite.

Attachments

• IMG_1218642.jpg
    IMG_1218642.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_1226641.jpg
    IMG_1226641.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 157

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
That was really nice of your nurse to take you out for lunch luvs! You are really Blessed to have such wonderful people looking out for you!

We had chicken 'n gravy, mashed potatoes, spinach and biscuits. Homemade Apple butter on the biscuits for dessert.

Attachments

• dinner09272012.jpg
    dinner09272012.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 166

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
That was really nice of your nurse to take you out for lunch luvs! You are really Blessed to have such wonderful people looking out for you!

We had chicken 'n gravy, mashed potatoes, spinach and biscuits. Homemade Apple butter on the biscuits for dessert.
WOW!! You had biscuits for dessert? I would have had that awesome swirl bread for dessert. Wish I lived closer to you.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
my doctors & nurses agree that i ought be on a gerber-esque diet fer a few, so i got that earlier. my 1 nurse took me for an early dinner this afternoon. got a chix salad & picked the chix, fruit & bleu crumbles from that. i'll have the other foods later tonite.
That was very nice of her. That salad looks good. Blue cheese, nuts and berries oh my!! LOL Is it from Wendy's? I love orange soda!!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Shredded pork roast-n-gravy, herb & bread crumb fried potatoes and green beans-n-corn.

Dinner091827.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Peepers! I had some of the swirl bread for an afternoon snack and we'll be having it for breakfast in the morning...don't want to overdo it :lol:

Embryodad

Taco Bell tonight. DW is stopping on way home from South Jersey.

I made a great tomato sauce with meatballs 3 oclock this morning. We will have that with some Ravioli tomorrow. Store bought ravie's that is.

Embryodad

Tina buys and eats a lot of baby foods. She said it is easier on her stomach.
She likes the rice, and eats that with mashed bananas in the center.
Her favorite jar food is the custard.

Embryodad

Shredded pork roast-n-gravy, herb & bread crumb fried potatoes and green beans-n-corn.

Dinner091827.jpg

Mama and Joe....... A lot of comfort in those great meals. Delicious looking.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thanx, mama! they're great. she took me to that appointment, shopping, to lunch, then she tidied my place, cleaned my fridge of old food, then my other nurse took me to a 2nd appt., he washed a few dishes, made calls fer me, etcetera. usually they would not clean; i've this dagnabbin pain, tho.

peepz, that was a breugger's salad. that pop is so yummy. it's mandarin orange.
your dinners rock!

jimmy, i luv baby food. it's actually yummy, & yep- very gentle on the stomach.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Looks good everyone.

As mentioned, I stopped at a place called Top Hat (years ago it was an A&P grocery) on my way home from the dentist.
I love the chicken they make.. don't know what they use as a rub or coating.
Salad too.

2012-09-27 18-11-00.931.jpg

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
We threw some chicken in the slow cooker with honey mustard salad dressing and let it simmer all afternoon. Then took some of this last head of cheddar cauliflower from the garden and melted a little of this shredded parmesan on it. Was great. Did not get pics of the chicken as I was hungry by that time.:mrgreen:

Attachments

• cheddar cauliflower 001.jpg
    cheddar cauliflower 001.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 157
  • cheddar cauliflower 004.jpg
    cheddar cauliflower 004.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 158

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thanks Peepers! I had some of the swirl bread for an afternoon snack and we'll be having it for breakfast in the morning...don't want to overdo it :lol:
FRENCH TOAST with the apple butter on top!!! :bounce:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Ooooo, that sounds good Peepers!

For breakfast, I made hamburger steaks, hash browns, cheese eggs and the homemade cinnamon swirl toast with the apple butter that I made yesterday.

We had to take the girls (our fur babies) to the vet for their annual shots so we picked up Chick-fil-a on the way home. We each had a Chick-fil-a sandwich, waffle fries and cole slaw and the girls split a 12 pack of nuggets.

Here's breakfast this morning:

Attachments

• breakfast-09282012.jpg
    breakfast-09282012.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 271

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
drinking Paddy Cocktails...and simmering some fresh tomatoes, wine and basil for mussels and clams.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Ooooo, that sounds good Peepers!

For breakfast, I made hamburger steaks, hash browns, cheese eggs and the homemade cinnamon swirl toast with the apple butter that I made yesterday.

We had to take the girls (our fur babies) to the vet for their annual shots so we picked up Chick-fil-a on the way home. We each had a Chick-fil-a sandwich, waffle fries and cole slaw and the girls split a 12 pack of nuggets.

Here's breakfast this morning:
Talk about teenage memories...my Mom used to make hamburger steaks on buttered toast for breakfast for her five hungry sons. We LOVED those original breakfast sandwiches, and I really miss them. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
We haven't had them in a while ourselves Joe....they're a nice change from the usual breakfast meats.

Sounds like your mama knew how to start y'alls day off right!

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
I looked at Mama's breakfast and now I want to get out a pack of loose sausage for tomorrow but my sodium nurse says NO! She even offered to fry up tonight's leftover noodles with some scrambled eggs and a little bit of green pepper.:yum:

Embryodad

:yum::yum::yum:

That reminds me of my woman.

I tell her...SOoooo... Just put a slice of potato on top each Sausage Pattie to absorb that salt.

She said, NO! Knowing you, you will eat the potatoes !! ...:smile:

I love it now that most of the food items have, "Now With Sea Salt!"

"Sea Salt is the Gooooood Salt that your body and your heart needs!"

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
She loves the taste of the homemade sausage I have been making for 30 years. If she ever knew what went in it she would have a fit. She won't let me brine cure my hams and bacons anymore so I take them to the local butcher and they inject them and use a chloride solution but that is OK.:mrgreen: