Shrimp Scampi

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
No glorious butter in this dish, but it was good nonetheless.

Lee

Shrimp Scampi

Course: main meals
PointsPlus™ Value: 9
Servings: 4

Ingredients

2 tsp olive oil 6 garlic cloves, Minced
1 tsp ground oregano
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
1 pound cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 cup(s) white wine, dry
2 tsp cornstarch
3/4 cup(s) fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
3/4 tsp table salt, or to taste
1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
8 oz uncooked whole-wheat spaghetti 1
/4 cup(s) parsley
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice

Instructions

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add garlic and sauté 1 minute. Add oregano and red pepper flakes and stir to coat. Simmer about 3 minutes. Add wine and simmer about 1 minute.

Dissolve cornstarch in chicken broth in a small cup and whisk until blended; add mixture to skillet and simmer 2 minutes, until sauce thickens. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Add cooked shrimp and cook till heated through. Squeeze lemon over all.

Transfer cooked linguini to four individual shallow bowls and spoon shrimp and sauce over top; sprinkle with parsley and basil. Yields about 1 1/3 cups of pasta, 1/4 cup of sauce and 3 ounces of shrimp per serving.

Attachments

• Shrimp scampi, WW.JPG
    Shrimp scampi, WW.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 141
  • Shrimp scampi, WW, plated.JPG
    Shrimp scampi, WW, plated.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 137

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Looks really good, Lee! With the lemon juice, garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes, it should be very tasty, even without the butter.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
This looks great Lee! I'll definitely be trying this one. Could you move it to the WW recipes forum so I'll be able to find it in the near future?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This looks great Lee! I'll definitely be trying this one. Could you move it to the WW recipes forum so I'll be able to find it in the near future?

Oops, that's where I meant to post it, Mama. Done, thanks!

Karen, the chicken broth, wine and corn starch made a nice sauce for the garlic. But, you lucky duck, if you can eat whatever you want, definitely go with BUTTER!!

Lee