What's Cooking - Sun, July 22 thru Sat, July 28, 2012

Squirrel

Mess Cook
Site Supporter
Congrats Joe and Mrs. Joe! I hope you enjoy the party. Would love to see some pics. Is that your grand baby in your avatar?

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Re: What's cooking? Monday/ 23 July / 2012 ?

One of my all time favorite meals:

attachment.php

Yum! looks great! :)

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Re: What's cooking? Monday/ 23 July / 2012 ?

Sesame Pork stir fry with veggies & honey-pineapple sauce. Veggie fried rice to compliment. SWMBO loved it. :lol: Pics are a little fuzzy because steam was coming off the food.

Dinner072312.jpg

VeggieFriedRice072312.jpg

That looks so delicious!

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Today's Lunch...

A few weeks ago I made my second batch of homemade hotdogs. I don't think I'll ever buy them again. I used the recipe in Michael Ruhlman's Charcuterie book. I made a few tweaks, but there is one BAD error in this recipe and throughout his book. He uses way to much curing salt, almost twice the amount necessary in this particular recipe. I actually emailed him about it and he (or someone on his staff) replied that they were aware of the problem and were revising the book.

The first time I made the dogs I used sheep casings. They were good, but I wanted a skinless dog, so this time I used a skinless casing that was easily removed after the dogs were chilled overnight.

I also made the bun. It is topped with homemade pickles, pico de gallo and fried Vidalia onions. :eating2:

IMG_5199.jpg

IMG_5195.jpg

IMG_5164.jpg

WOW! That is the most fantastic hot dog I have ever seen. Lovely! :)

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
After a nice savory dinner, I was looking for something sweet. Passing the counter I noticed that the bananas had reached their peak, and if not eaten soon they would become banana bread. So, I grabbed a banana, the Moose Tracks ice cream from the freezer, some chocolate syrup, whipped cream, maraschino cherries and a Kit-Kat candy bar. The rest is history...big smile on the face history. :lol:

Moosetracksbananasundae.jpg

Yum!

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
I made these for dear sweet Tinababy.

Just a simple browned in oil zuchinni, and some home made easy Gnocchi's.

We ate already...I just had a little bit, and I will have a super sized snack later this evening.

I just love my electric skillet for cooking. Stainless steel, and temperature controlled.
Perfect for those just in case the doorbell rings, and the food is cooking, and not so easily burned.

8c7fc276.jpg

No sauce.......just the olive oil drizzled on top with some cheese over the Gnocchi and zuchinni. Just salt and pepper. No garlic or onion. Just a garden flavor, Period!

888513f1.jpg

DW had no trouble getting that down the old tummy, and now she is sleeping like a baby in the EZ chair watching the TV set!

I can eat zucchini anytime... I love the heck out of it! :)

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Have fun JoeV and Happy early anniversary!

We're going to DH's for a BBQ. I'm bringing 2 loaves of Italian bread that I made this morning.

Attachments

• italianbread.jpg
    italianbread.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 115

Embryodad

Saturdays cooking!

I did up some Fried / Breaded Zuchinni.......

2eaefd23.jpg

c5de8a08.jpg

65607e80.jpg

Tina made a pot of chicken soup.....

007edb73.jpg

OHhhhhhh!!! Not finished yet!.. DW wants me to make her chicken salad with the boiled chicken! hahahahaha

And I made some Muscles and scallops that "T-Baby" bought me today!

And I ate while singing my song,"Pulling Muscles From a Shell!" by Squeeze.

8ca78555.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'm runnin' to jimmy's!
or,
i'm thinking a turkey burger wrapped in bacon, sliced heirloom tomato w/ seasalt & black pepper, hmmmm....... gotta check the kitch' fer other thoughts.

Squirrel

Mess Cook
Site Supporter
Sweet luvs, girl you had me at heirloom tomatoes. Are they just not the best thing since fried eggs? Your turkey burger with bacon sounds awesome. If ya make it I hope you'll post a pic. I don't think I've had a turkey burger before.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Sweet luvs, girl you had me at heirloom tomatoes. Are they just not the best thing since fried eggs? Your turkey burger with bacon sounds awesome. If ya make it I hope you'll post a pic. I don't think I've had a turkey burger before.

i prize them. many Chefs vie for the best of 'em. the burgers- they can be dry as the meat is so lean,- hence the bacon.
i should put a poached or fried egg on there, too.
my pix arrive late- i cook often @ like 2am. i snooze days often.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
CONGRATS Joe!! Beautuful omelet!!

I saw a recipe like this n fb but it was weth zucchini... either one they both look and sound wonderful. :)
Thank you LS.
Have fun JoeV and Happy early anniversary!

We're going to DH's for a BBQ. I'm bringing 2 loaves of Italian bread that I made this morning.
WOW send me some of that bread mama.

Looks good Jimmy.

My dd and I got caught in a MONSTER down pour. I couldn't see to drive and the roads were so flooded that I pulled into a diner. So we had BLT's and fries. Hub made other dd and himself grilled cheese at home.

Embryodad

CONGRATS Joe!! Beautuful omelet!!

Thank you LS.

WOW send me some of that bread mama.

Looks good Jimmy.

My dd and I got caught in a MONSTER down pour. I couldn't see to drive and the roads were so flooded that I pulled into a diner. So we had BLT's and fries. Hub made other dd and himself grilled cheese at home.
Thanks peep!

*Smart to pull aside and wait it out peep! Flooded roads are dangerous.

Glad you all ate some good stuff!!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I made a big baked sweet potato stuffed with Stouffer's creamed spinach and crumbled bacon.
Didn't take a pic, but it was awesome.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
I made a big baked sweet potato stuffed with Stouffer's creamed spinach and crumbled bacon.
Didn't take a pic, but it was awesome.

i bought creamed spinach fully due to u once posting of putting it over baked potatoes, 'an i should make it.
plus 2 brands of the spinach rival homemade. i must make that on a yukon. should put cheddar over it. yum.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
must make one, lollie~
for lollie & jimmy (& i'm getting bacon w/ yinz, too, w/ syrup!)

Attachments

• 575452_282522158501012_189991031087459_652065_2131880917_n.jpg
    575452_282522158501012_189991031087459_652065_2131880917_n.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 102

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I think I added cheese once to the baked white potato w/the spinach.
For sure I did add shredded sharp cheddar over the spinach on a plateful of mash.
Now whoa.. that was delish.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Well, I guess I'll close out the week with pics of the good food at our anniversary party last night. DD and her friend, Nicole, did all the planning and cooking. I played grandpa and made sure they stayed hydrated with whatever they wanted.:yum: The sausage was Italian sausage from Costco, and was excellent!

Onions & peppers

IMG_0409.jpg

Roasted squash

IMG_0410.jpg

Grilled Italian sausages

IMG_0411.jpg

Redskin potato salad

IMG_0412.jpg

Fruit salad

IMG_0413.jpg

Tossed salad

IMG_0414.jpg

Some vegan recipe my SIL brought so she could eat.

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

The loving couple

JoeLinda072812.jpg

SWMBO was not happy about this stunt by me, and I stood there while she returned the favor.

FaceCake.jpg

Embryodad

Well, I guess I'll close out the week with pics of the good food at our anniversary party last night. DD and her friend, Nicole, did all the planning and cooking. I played grandpa and made sure they stayed hydrated with whatever they wanted.:yum: The sausage was Italian sausage from Costco, and was excellent!

Onions & peppers

IMG_0409.jpg

Roasted squash

IMG_0410.jpg

Grilled Italian sausages

IMG_0411.jpg

Redskin potato salad

IMG_0412.jpg

Fruit salad

IMG_0413.jpg

Tossed salad

IMG_0414.jpg

Some vegan recipe my SIL brought so she could eat.

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

The loving couple

JoeLinda072812.jpg

SWMBO was not happy about this stunt by me, and I stood there while she returned the favor.

FaceCake.jpg

OH! How Nice!
Gorgeous Food!
Beautiful but messy eaters Anniversarie-ites....!!! hahahaha

What a beautiful cake! :bdaycake:

AND...I'm wearing the almost same shirt today. Tina said,"Hon, all you need is a set of Bongo Drums, and you will be all set!"

PS: I didn't tell her, but I said to myself,"Yeah...on a deserted Island and stranded with a whole bunch of Rum!" And dancing ladies all over the place!... Like Gilligans Island ...sort of!

Probably a bunch or orangutanes. I'd sure need rum for that!