I'm Pregnant

Newnork1978

He told me he really loves Diogenes and y'all could call him Dio, which might give our Mexican friends pause.

Yeah that's the name he really likes, for a boy. I'm not convinced, but if he's still sure he wants to name our child Diogenes when the time comes, we'll see. Heh! :smile:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Yeah that's the name he really likes, for a boy. I'm not convinced, but if he's still sure he wants to name our child Diogenes when the time comes, we'll see. Heh! :smile:
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

frypan.gif

:lol:

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Must admit we kled our family and friends astray with names for our first - we told everyone he.she would be Clarence or other very old fashioned girls name. No one would believe at work and we rung DW and she confirmed it.

Newnork1978

Must admit we kled our family and friends astray with names for our first - we told everyone he.she would be Clarence or other very old fashioned girls name. No one would believe at work and we rung DW and she confirmed it.

Ha-ha! It's hard, even for me, to tell if DH is being serious or just testing the waters. He could be messing with me with these outrageous name ideas...then again he could be 100% serious. :tongue:

Newnork1978

Update: 13-weeks

I already posted a pic from our 10-week sonogram. Since then we've had a 12-week nuchal translucency scan (measuring a spot on the neck for signs of Down Syndrome and other chromosomal defects)...everything measured within the normal range, and the corresponding blood-work came back (as the lady said on my voice-mail) "Fabulous". Heh! :wink:

We went to my doc yesterday and we got to hear the heart beat. Thumpa-Thumpa-Thumpa...a strong 160 beats per second. And the next sonogram is scheduled for 18-weeks (though the doc wants to push that back to 20-weeks) for a gender/anatomy scan. Apparently, by then, they can check the bones, blood-flow, organ development, etc...as well as the gender. So it'll be a bit of a wait, but the doc says it'll be well worth it.

I'm still getting sick at least once a day, but I'm taking my prescription as needed and it's helped a lot. The doc says I should stop getting sick any day now, now that I'm entering my second trimester. I hope she's right...I have to say "morning sickness" is aweful!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Update: 13-weeks

I already posted a pic from our 10-week sonogram. Since then we've had a 12-week nuchal translucency scan (measuring a spot on the neck for signs of Down Syndrome and other chromosomal defects)...everything measured within the normal range, and the corresponding blood-work came back (as the lady said on my voice-mail) "Fabulous". Heh! :wink:

We went to my doc yesterday and we got to hear the heart beat. Thumpa-Thumpa-Thumpa...a strong 160 beats per second. And the next sonogram is scheduled for 18-weeks (though the doc wants to push that back to 20-weeks) for a gender/anatomy scan. Apparently, by then, they can check the bones, blood-flow, organ development, etc...as well as the gender. So it'll be a bit of a wait, but the doc says it'll be well worth it.

I'm still getting sick at least once a day, but I'm taking my prescription as needed and it's helped a lot. The doc says I should stop getting sick any day now, now that I'm entering my second trimester. I hope she's right...I have to say "morning sickness" is aweful!
great news!!!!!!!!!!!! i had morning sickness also both times. my doctors never gave me anything for it :( everyone said not to worry it would go away ............ they were right ... as soon as i gave birth it went away. LOL

both my daughters heartbeats sounded like washing machines agitation to me LOL cachunga cachunga cachunga

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Well, Angel--your sonogram is beautiful. What a wonderful expectancy full of hope and dreams! Loads of love and well wishes for a better second trimester with less morning sickness.
Same to you, Heather!

Dee, I find it hard to believe 6 months have passed already. Ayla must be really getting excited!!

Newnork1978

Well, Angel--your sonogram is beautiful. What a wonderful expectancy full of hope and dreams! Loads of love and well wishes for a better second trimester with less morning sickness.

Thank you so much! This is quite an adventure...as, I hear, most first pregnancies are. :bounce:

Newnork1978

16-Weeks Update:

I just scheduled my 20-week Anatomy/Gender Sonogram (Dec. 14th), as well as two separate Pediatric Meet-And-Greets. My doc recommended we start looking into finding a pediatric facility we like and are comfortable with...she believes the sooner the search the better the results. :wink:

Meme4251

Newnork, is Seton still there (I'm sure since it was almost a monument when I lived there years ago and was there when I miscarried my first pregancy)? Good luck on finding a good facility. Knowing Austin, you should since it has built up so much since I was there. Best to you hun!:flowers:

Newnork1978

Newnork, is Seton still there (I'm sure since it was almost a monument when I lived there years ago and was there when I miscarried my first pregancy)? Good luck on finding a good facility. Knowing Austin, you should since it has built up so much since I was there. Best to you hun!:flowers:

I'm sorry to hear about your first pregnancy. Yes, Seton is still here, although I don't think my OB/GYN works out of that facility.

Thanks!

Meme4251

:respect:Have not been to Austin since my parent's sold there home at Lakeway a couple of years ago but use to be down there almost weekend, know they surely have alot more new hospitals since I was last there and of course had a wonderful mall which the we all frequented. You take care my dear..

homecook

16-Weeks Update:

I just scheduled my 20-week Anatomy/Gender Sonogram (Dec. 14th), as well as two separate Pediatric Meet-And-Greets. My doc recommended we start looking into finding a pediatric facility we like and are comfortable with...she believes the sooner the search the better the results. :wink:

That's so cool Newnork........I think Heather is a couple weeks behind you. She goes Dec. 8th and will schedule her appt. then. I'm so excited for both of you!!!

Deelady

I bet both you and Heather are sooo anxious to know if its a Boy or Girl!!! I was counting down the days :) Are you getting any vibes at all?? With my first I KNEW it was a girl....with this one I had NO CLUE! LOL
Hope you are enjoying everything :)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
16-Weeks Update:

with my second daughter we had to provide a pedi doc to look after the baby WHILE in the hospital BEFORE the baby was born. the hospital sent us a long pre admission form to fill out about 1 month before i was due.

Meme4251

Dear Dee, when are you due? You might have posted somewhere on here and I just missed out on it. Hope you are feeling well as well as the Newnork...Best to both of you...Have you heard any news from Percy? Is he in Afganisistan? My SIL works there for the US Embassy in Securtiy and is the leader of his team. He's working for a large contract company and been there for almost 4 years because of the pay but is putting in for some same type of jobs in security because of the new regulations that our government has imposed on all of them over there. There hands are really tied w/ the new changes and it def is not a plus for sure. Wishing Pers a very safe tour over there..:flowers:

Newnork1978

That's so cool Newnork........I think Heather is a couple weeks behind you. She goes Dec. 8th and will schedule her appt. then. I'm so excited for both of you!!!

Thanks! I didn't know Heather and I were so close together in our pregnancies. How's she doing? :bounce:

Newnork1978

I bet both you and Heather are sooo anxious to know if its a Boy or Girl!!! I was counting down the days :) Are you getting any vibes at all?? With my first I KNEW it was a girl....with this one I had NO CLUE! LOL
Hope you are enjoying everything :)

I dreamed, early on, that I was having a girl. But other than that dream, I don't have any solid vibes on whether it's a girl or boy. Guess I'll have to be patient and wait for the sonogram to reveal the gender. :wink:

Newnork1978

with my second daughter we had to provide a pedi doc to look after the baby WHILE in the hospital BEFORE the baby was born. the hospital sent us a long pre admission form to fill out about 1 month before i was due.

They said I wouldn't be discharged from the hospital until a pedi doc examined the baby (upon delivery)...which is another reason my OB/GYN wanted us to start looking for one, now. :mellow:

Deelady

They said I wouldn't be discharged from the hospital until a pedi doc examined the baby (upon delivery)...which is another reason my OB/GYN wanted us to start looking for one, now. :mellow:

At the hospital I delivered at, they just had a pedi dr on staff that went around doing the examinations before discharge.

Newnork1978

At the hospital I delivered at, they just had a pedi dr on staff that went around doing the examinations before discharge.

There is a pedi doc available at the hospital I'll be delivering at, but my OB/GYN says it has to be our own chosen doc that examines the baby after delivery (at the hospital).

Deelady

Hmmm I wonder how they do it here in Ohio.....they haven't mentioned my needing to have a Pedi DR before I deliver. I had my first in Cali, and there also they never brought it up, I just did it on my own. Well I have an appt. tomorrow so I can ask their procedure.
I will be discussing tomorrow the date I will have to schedule my c-section....:neutral:

Newnork1978

Hmmm I wonder how they do it here in Ohio.....they haven't mentioned my needing to have a Pedi DR before I deliver. I had my first in Cali, and there also they never brought it up, I just did it on my own. Well I have an appt. tomorrow so I can ask their procedure.
I will be discussing tomorrow the date I will have to schedule my c-section....:neutral:

Ah the things you don't really think about, until they happen (or are required to happen). Good luck with everything. :thumb::flowers: