Quick-Fix Noodle Bowls

I love noodle bowls, & it's a good way to use up any leftovers.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbLndnJsKD4[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
MMmmm! Excellent way to jazz up Ramen soups, CC!

Lee

K

Kimchee

A noodle bowl is my lunch generally 5 days a week. Me? Hooked? Nah....
This is a great broth flavoring:
1 part fish sauce
1 part lime juice
.75 parts brown sugar
.5 tsp each garlic, onion, ginger in any form
(I use dried minced and powdered when lazy)
squirt of sriracha for heat, optional
1/4 tsp or less 5 spice powder
splash of sesame oil

For 4 cups, I use about 1.5 tsp fish sauce, and the rest to proportion.

I boil my noodles in it, then kill the heat & toss in my raw veggies and leftover meat
(or canned salmon... yum!) Putting the veggies into the liquid a couple
minutes before serving softens them without overcooking, leaves good crunch.)
Try super thin slices of cucumber in a bowl.. very good.
My standard veggie mix is napa cabbage, sweet red peppers, thai peppers,
leek, hot house cuke and sometimes radish or squash or other cabbage.

(For those of you with low sodium requirements, tamarind paste is a great place
to start a broth base.)

Thank you Bzzzzz & Q.

Copied & saved Kimchee. I watch my salt too. I would like to pick up low-sodium chicken broth. Lots of possibilities from beef & pork, to chicken & veggies (broccoli, mushrooms, bok choy, etc., etc.)

Thank you.

A noodle bowl is my lunch generally 5 days a week. Me? Hooked? Nah....
This is a great broth flavoring:
1 part fish sauce
1 part lime juice
.75 parts brown sugar
.5 tsp each garlic, onion, ginger in any form
(I use dried minced and powdered when lazy)
squirt of sriracha for heat, optional
1/4 tsp or less 5 spice powder
splash of sesame oil

For 4 cups, I use about 1.5 tsp fish sauce, and the rest to proportion.

I boil my noodles in it, then kill the heat & toss in my raw veggies and leftover meat
(or canned salmon... yum!) Putting the veggies into the liquid a couple
minutes before serving softens them without overcooking, leaves good crunch.)
Try super thin slices of cucumber in a bowl.. very good.
My standard veggie mix is napa cabbage, sweet red peppers, thai peppers,
leek, hot house cuke and sometimes radish or squash or other cabbage.

(For those of you with low sodium requirements, tamarind paste is a great place
to start a broth base.)

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Christy Jordan is just doing so well with her career. Southern Living described her as an internet sensation in this article. I think that she just started off with a southern cooking blog, and now she sells cookbooks, she's on tv, and is somehow connected with Southern Living.
http://www.southernliving.com/food/entertaining/southern-plate-dinner-recipes-00417000069040/

Anyway, I like noodle bowls. Sometimes I use hot and sour soup as the base, sometimes I use chicken stock, and sometimes I just use the packet that comes with the Ramen Noodles. The vegetables and meat are whatever is on hand.

I've probably got about 10 of those little flavor packets saved and don't have a clue what I'm going to do with them.

RamenNoodleBowl.jpg

abi_csi

Yes, noodles are a brilliant quick fix. I love lots of chilli and ginger in mine, whether or not I include meat or just have vegetables. Coriander and lime is essential for my noodles too.
I don't really have any set recipes that I use, it's usually whatever is in the fridge.

Christy Jordan is just doing so well with her career. Southern Living described her as an internet sensation in this article. I think that she just started off with a southern cooking blog, and now she sells cookbooks, she's on tv, and is somehow connected with Southern Living.
http://www.southernliving.com/food/entertaining/southern-plate-dinner-recipes-00417000069040/

Anyway, I like noodle bowls. Sometimes I use hot and sour soup as the base, sometimes I use chicken stock, and sometimes I just use the packet that comes with the Ramen Noodles. The vegetables and meat are whatever is on hand.

I've probably got about 10 of those little flavor packets saved and don't have a clue what I'm going to do with them.

RamenNoodleBowl.jpg

I didn't know that. This is the kind of food I would like to see more of on FN. Beautiful, Cooksie. I could jump right in.

Yes, noodles are a brilliant quick fix. I love lots of chilli and ginger in mine, whether or not I include meat or just have vegetables. Coriander and lime is essential for my noodles too.
I don't really have any set recipes that I use, it's usually whatever is in the fridge.

That's one of the things I like most about the dish. Another way to go is shredded rotisserie chicken, tortellini & vegetables.

Here's the actual recipe for this noodle bowl. (There are a few more on the site.)

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/spicy-shrimp-noodle-bowl-50400000113411/