NCT's Iron Chef Battle 23: Battle Cheese

chowhound

I'm getting tired of listening to songs on youtube...
About time to crack a cold one and come up with a sauce for my steak tonight where I have to stir the pot ;^)

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
OK

I made Texasgirls Chicken Wellingtons with a twist http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6462

I rubbed the chicken breasts with Northwood seasoning & olive oil and I used wholegrain mustard.
Wellingtons resting
PICT0971.JPG
on the plate
PICT0972.JPG
One cut open
PICT0973.JPG

chowhound

Wow, that looks filling! Just like I like my meals. I'm going to see what the recipe is and then see if I can tell what your twist is.

ETA; nicely done, Ray, but anything that starts off with "puff pastry" scares me (lol). I need to get over that.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Between the caesar salad dressing, the manicotti and the eggplant parm...it's a cheese fest over here. Pictures are still in the camera because dinner has not been served yet.

And those chicken wellingstons look wonderful. Normally a wellington has liver over the beef and beneath the pastry. What's in the chicken wellington that gets it in this challenge?

chowhound

Between the caesar salad dressing, the manicotti and the eggplant parm...it's a cheese fest over here. Pictures are still in the camera because dinner has not been served yet.

And those chicken wellingstons look wonderful. Normally a wellington has liver over the beef and beneath the pastry. What's in the chicken wellington that gets it in this challenge?

Cheese?
:lol:

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter

It has a cream cheese layer over the chicken breast.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Have I got some cheese for you!! Baked manicotti made with fresh egg and semolina pasta dough, stuffed with ricotta. Eggplant parmesan filled and topped with fresh mozzarella. Roasted marrow bones with caesar salad topped with locatelli shavings.

Octoberdining076.jpg

Octoberdining079.jpg

Octoberdining082.jpg

Octoberdining080.jpg

Deelady

These look sooo great!! Wish I had thought to take a pic of the dinner I cooked for our party last night...:( I made chicken sundried tomato and spinach brats chopped into a fettuchini Alfredo and roasted bell pepper pasta.....oh well, it was a hit with our guests!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Vera, I may have asked you this before, but could you please post your recipe for beef marrow bones?

I love your presentation of the bones with salad and bread. That would be the whole meal for me!

Thanks!

Lee

homecook

LOL, I guess it is sorta similar.

I'm for sure going to try yours!! It sounds really good!! Thanks again LT!