Peach Pecan Upsidedown Cake

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
1/2 stick butter
40 pecan halves
2 peeled and sliced peaches
1 c brown sugar

Melt the butter and sugar in a pot or directly in the pan till all the sugar is dissolved. Pour into a 9" round cake pan. Place the pecans, round side down into the hot sugar around the edge of the pan. Lay the peach slices next, in a circle, inside the pecans.
Julydinners041.jpg

Julydinners042.jpg

Cake Batter:
1/2c pecans
1 1/2 c flour
1T baking powder
1/4 t salt
1t nutmeg
2t cinnamon
1 stick butter
1c sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 t vanilla
1/2 c whole milk

Mix first 6 ingredients in a food processor till the nuts are finely ground.
Blend butter and sugar in mixing bowl till light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, along with vanilla. Add flour, milk, flour, milk, flour in that order, blending very well after each addition, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Spoon onto pecans/peaches. Bake 350 for 50 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the cooked cake immediately when done, and flip carefully onto cake plate. Be careful not to get the syrup on you..it's extremely hot!

Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
Julydinners043.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, spectacular, VB!

And you de-panned it perfectly, with nary a nut lost! :thumb:

Lee

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Nuts were fine...the peaches were belligerent though..had to replace a couple that stuck in the pan...little f*ckers!

Mr. Green Jeans

That Macinaw peach episode is a classic. These are merely peaches grown in the Yakima Valley. Most of the fruit production in WA is on the dry side. The valleys are lush, green orchards and vineyards as far as you can see. The surrounding land is desert that sees maybe 5" of rain/year.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Oh wow that looks so good!! I bet DW would love this, now I just have to find some good peaches for it! So what are the best ones to use?

Jeff G.

This looks so good... Two of my favorite things, pecans and peaches...

1/2 stick butter
40 pecan halves
2 peeled and sliced peaches
1 c brown sugar

Melt the butter and sugar in a pot or directly in the pan till all the sugar is dissolved. Pour into a 9" round cake pan. Place the pecans, round side down into the hot sugar around the edge of the pan. Lay the peach slices next, in a circle, inside the pecans.
Julydinners041.jpg

Julydinners042.jpg

Cake Batter:
1/2c pecans
1 1/2 c flour
1T baking powder
1/4 t salt
1t nutmeg
2t cinnamon
1 stick butter
1c sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 t vanilla
1/2 c whole milk

Mix first 6 ingredients in a food processor till the nuts are finely ground.
Blend butter and sugar in mixing bowl till light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, along with vanilla. Add flour, milk, flour, milk, flour in that order, blending very well after each addition, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Spoon onto pecans/peaches. Bake 350 for 50 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the cooked cake immediately when done, and flip carefully onto cake plate. Be careful not to get the syrup on you..it's extremely hot!

Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
Julydinners043.jpg

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
this looked so good I saved it and the pix. we're de-winterizing the freezer, basically eating the stuff.... came across frozen peaches I put up last summer. so....

it was really good - highly recommended.

the spice cake/batter is a stellar stand alone recipe / dish - I have many designs on that spice cake.....

being frozen, my peaches did not make it too high up the pretty scale....
fresh would be obviously best, but methinks canned would be better than frozen.

error in judgement.... I got creative and used dark brown sugar. not recommended. covers up the other flavors too much....

used a gray semi-nonstick pan; inverted immediately out of the oven with nary a glitch.