plz help me out

Sweet_tooth

Banned
I NEED EGG RECIPES im tired of scramble eggs and Omlettes 4 breakfast and the now then hard boiled egg so please post a egg recipe thank you

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I can't help you out with egg recipes. I'm one of those boring people who likes his eggs either over easy or basted. Have you Googled Frittata Recipes? When I was growing up we just called them egg pies, and they often had leftover meats and veggies in them. I used to like them cold, but after Mom passed in '87, nobody seemed to want to make these.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
There's always poached or baked eggs. Baked eggs are really great as you can bake them in a varitey of ways with different flavours, eg bake in spinach etc.

Another way of eating egg is what we used to call French Toast. Bread dipped in egg and then lightly fried.

Okay, I'll go back to Ian's previously posted dropped eggs in Jumbo muffin cups:

I can corned beef hash
1 medium egg - per serving
salt and pepper to taste
a drop or two of Texas Pete

One can of corned beef hash will make approximately four "nests". Spoon a modest amount of hash into four Jumbo muffin cups which have been sprayed with cooking spray Drop one medium egg (any larger eggs will go over the edge of the muffin cup and you've got a mess on your hands), sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and you can also add a couple of drops of Texas Pete or like substance to give everything a kick.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes and they will come out super good and ready to dive right in. These are really good!

As well, you can produce some "dippies" - toast some bread with the crusts cut off and then cut the bread, after toasting it, into strips which can be buttered and used to dip into the egg yolk. Always good with the hash "nests".

Fallon :chef:

chilefarmer

This recipe comes from my Friend Ian. This is so good you will wonder how you ever did without it. CF

Breakfast of champions
You'll love this old favorite:

6 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons butter

In a bowl, combine eggs, milk, flour and salt and beat until fluffy and smooth.
Put 2 tablespoons of butter in each of two pie pans and melt as oven preheats. Pour half of the batter in each pie pan and bake at 450°F for 20 minutes. Pancakes will puff up. Serve with warm syrup, warmed jam or warmed fruit. Nice with sausage too.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
This recipe comes from my Friend Ian. This is so good you will wonder how you ever did without it. CF

Breakfast of champions

6 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons butter

Put 2 tablespoons of butter in each of two pie pans and melt as oven preheats. Pour half of the batter in each pie pan and bake at 450°F for 20 minutes. Pancakes will puff up. Serve with warm syrup, warmed jam or warmed fruit. Nice with sausage too.

This is something I am gonna have to try. :)

chilefarmer

Here is a photo for the recipe, Breakfast of Champions. CF

ChampionBreakfast-1.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Welcome to NCT, Sweet Tooth!

I like breakfast tacos.

Heat a flour tortilla, fill with browned and drained breakfast sausage, scrambled eggs, shredded cheese, maybe some picante sauce, roll and eat.

Sweet_tooth

Banned
:fridge:

Breakfast of champions

6 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons butter

Oooooo man now i want that...MMMMMMM....now im hungry:fridge:

Sweet_tooth

Banned
There's always poached or baked eggs. Baked eggs are really great as you can bake them in a varitey of ways with different flavours, eg bake in spinach etc.

Another way of eating egg is what we used to call French Toast. Bread dipped in egg and then lightly fried.

Baked eggs?

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Baked eggs are cooked in the oven - like the recipe Fallon gave above. You can do them in a nest of something or just straight in a ramekin. I haven't done a lot of these, so googling may give you a better idea.

Poached eggs. You can use egg poachers or
bring a pan of water to the boil with a little vinegar & salt in it.
Crack an egg into a cup.
Stir the water vigourously till you have a whirlpool in the middle, then slip the egg into the middle of the whirlpool, this keeps the whites mostly together.
Leave for about 2-3 minutes for a soft yold, longer for harder yolks.
Retrieve with a slotted spoon, let drain and serve. Good on toast or spinach. You could also serve with a Hollandaise sauce.

Another way of cooking eggs - coddled eggs. These are cooked in little dishes or pans with butter than are steam heated.

Leni

This is a German dish called Farmers Breakfast.
Two slices of bacon per person
Diced potato
Chopped onion to taste
Same for bell pepper
two beaten eggs per person
grated cheddar cheese

Fry the bacon and once there are enough drippings add the diced potatoes. When they are about done add the bell pepper and later the onion. Drain and add the eggs. Scramble and top with the cheddar cheese cover the pan and allow it to melt. Salt and pepper of course. Just adjust the ingredients to your taste.

AllenOK

Leni, up in Michigan, they have "Farmer's Omelets", basically just an omelet with all the toppings you listed.

Sweet Tooth, try this:

Allen’s Broccoli Bake​
Yields: 4 servings​

8 eggs, beaten
2 c milk
pinch white pepper
¾ t salt
2 c frozen broccoli, thawed and chopped
8 oz bacon, finely diced
2 c shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a 10” cast iron skillet, cook the bacon. While this is cooking, beat the eggs, then add milk, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Add broccoli and cheese; mix well. When the bacon is done, add the bacon to the egg mix, leaving the bacon drippings in the pan. Pour off all but 1 T of the drippings.
Pour the egg mixture back into the skillet and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes, or until puffy and lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Cut into 8 wedges, like a pie, and serve.
NOTES: Really, really, watery. PeppA (my other half) liked it anyway.

Make sure the broccoli is well drained. You might want to try using fresh (I think that's what we used at work, way-back-when), but run it through a food processor briefly to grind it up a bit.

You could always do Eggs Benedict, although that takes a bit of effort for prep.

Ian M.

Thank you normaly people on forums ignore me

Welcome to NCT, Sweet Tooth. And you won't find yourself ignored here! Right from the getgo both my DW, Fallon, and I have been made to feel so much a part of the group and we truly love it here. You'll have fun and meet some really grand people, too. Enjoy it.

Ian :good:

Leni

You might want to try a strata. I like to make it with either sausage or bacon. I really like the bacon and cheese version.

Savory Bread PuddingHere's a "master" recipe for a dish that can be made for breakfast, brunch, lunch or supper - even a party! It's called a "Strata" or a "Savory Bread Pudding" or, sometimes, a "Tahoe Brunch." You can invent any combination of ingredients for the filling, according to your taste, or according to what leftovers you have in the refrigerator (or choose from the ones I've listed). Make it simple or complex, homey or elegant. The best part is that the whole thing can be assembled the day before, and refrigerated until you're ready to bake it. Enjoy!

MAKES A 2 QUART CASSEROLE OR A 9” X 13” BAKING DISH OR EIGHT, INDIVIDUAL (8-OUNCE) BAKING DISHES

The Bread:
9 ounces, or 12 thick slices (about 3/4-inch thick)
(Bristol Farms’ “Buttertop White” loaf is just the right amount)
crust may be on or trimmed off - as you prefer
any interesting bread will do: egg, sourdough, olive, wheat, etc.
bread should be slightly stale OR may be sliced and baked at 300 degrees until lightly browned - about 15 minutes - to oven-dry

The Custard:
3 cups, milk [or cream or sour cream or creme fraiche - or combination]
6 whole (large) eggs OR 3 whole eggs and 6 egg yolks
salt, pepper
fresh or dried herbs
pinch, nutmeg (if cheese is used in filling)
1 tablespoon, Dijon mustard - if desired
OPTIONAL: an additional 1/4-1/2 cup, liquid such as wine or flavorful broth - which compliments the recipe

The Filling:
Choose any combination of the following (or other!) filling ingredients
Onions - up to 2 cups - thin sliced or chopped - sauteed until soft
Garlic - up to 4 cloves - sauteed with onions (or may be roasted)
Mushrooms - up to 1 1/2 pounds - sliced and sauteed
Cheese - up to 1 pound - grated - may be mixture of more than one kind
Bacon - up to 8 slices - cooked and crumbled
Ham or cooked sausage - up to 1 1/2 pounds - sliced or chopped OR corned beef, pastrami, cooked seafood, cooked poultry or meat

The Method:
Generously butter a 2-quart ovenproof casserole, or a 9” X 13” baking dish, or 8 individual oven-proof dishes. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.

Slice the bread into thick (about 3/4”) slices. [If oven drying, place slices on a cookie sheet, in a 300 degree oven until lightly browned, as directed above, and allow to cool.]

Butter the bread slices on one side, and cut each using a “t” cut, into 4 quarters.

Arrange half the bread in the bottom of the baking dish.

Sprinkle one half of the filling ingredients of your choice over the bread.

Arrange the remaining bread over the first half of the filling ingredients, then top with the remaining filling ingredients. (Note: If you are using cheese, end the layering with a cheese layer, for attractive presentation.)

Whisk the custard ingredients together in a mixing bowl, and pour custard mixture over the bread and filling layers in the baking dish. Allow to stand for at least 30 minutes to allow custard to soak into the bread.

NOTE: Mixture may be baked immediately (after 30 minutes standing), or may be refrigerated for several hours or overnight before baking.

Bake at 325 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes (10 minutes less for individual baking dishes) or until puffed and golden (a knife, inserted near the center of the casserole should come out clean).

Allow the finished strata to stand for 15-20 minutes before serving.

Garnish with fresh chopped parsley. Serve hot - or at room temperature.

May be served from baking dish, or unmolded onto a serving platter.

May be reheated in hot oven or microwave.

Last edited: