A trip to the country side

Saliha

I visited today in my summer cottage (thats why I needed to make "early CaturDay"). Here are some pics from there:

Gate of the garden:

NZSAboq.jpg

Old cottage:

bYcU7OP.jpg

Bedroom´s window:

Mtme85r.jpg

Peaceful view from that window:

ua1YSNi.jpg

The garden is overgrown as I haven´t had time for it like in my garden at the home:

1ugQ7Rn.jpg

Fern is almost 2 meters high.

XB4nfn4.jpg

Very lush - the soil must to be rich and in good condition.

There were still some old flowers in the middle of that "jungle":

0AMvstW.jpg

(aconite)

O7N3XY9.jpg

(Virginia creeper)

zIyb4GJ.jpg

(Garden phlox)

Old rose bush:

wq91gKy.jpg

And old apple trees:

NUIT1hN.jpg

With few apples too:

meE3DgS.jpg

Last edited:

Saliha

"Santtu" was also with that trip. And hers ball:

d7XYdwH.jpg

I also made a little walk to the forest (I was looking for mushrooms but didn´t find any).

oFLqaYE.jpg

rRORqVb.jpg

0bHkxGj.jpg

lDsTJwQ.jpg

k1qR5j6.jpg

q8Nuhsx.jpg

Hopely you enjoyed about this little trip. :flowers:

Ian M.

Saliha - That is a serene and peaceful-looking place to relax in and how fortunate you are to have it. Perhaps you should consider escaping from the mad whirl of life and society and going there to pen a great novel.....
Perfect surroundings for doing such a thing.

Ian

Saliha

I took few more pics today (during my the second trip). I was cleaning my old cottage (a lot of visitors during last weeks - mice mostly).

A kitchen corner:

ZZMM4mc.jpg

My sister painted a picture to the door of old kitchen cabinet, a stormy lake. Blue walls are like the frame to it. Before I had there pictures and paintings about the sea, boats, seagulls as well seashells and stones collected from the beach.

In the bedroom is over 100 years old "wall rug". It helps to keep it warm during the cold nights:

s37vs27.jpg

At the garden is a huge spruce. I and my sister planted it when I was 4 years old. As it was about 2 years old tree at that time, now it should to be about 46 years old.

Its so big that I had to take 2 pics of it:

LTG4hTA.jpg

5avCwlT.jpg

I still remember that day we planted it; it was rainy but warm day. We found that spruce plant behind of our house and decided to plant it to the lawn, near of flower bed. Later we went to tell to mommy what we did and she said its not good place for that tree - it doesn´t grow up...

But there it is and hopefully it will lives longer than I or my sister.

We both love that tree - it´s like a remembrance from the childhood.

Last edited: