Ribs,Beans,Salad, and Strawberry Rhubarb Pie

Ross in Ventura

5664b03e.jpg

78bcef43.jpg

Found these Spare's at COSTCO $1.99 a lb.

dd229ceb.jpg

Rubbed with Plowboys Yardbird and Simply Marvelous Pecan Rub on the other
Put them in the refrigerator over night.
05add5e9.jpg

Sunday Jackie made a wonderful Strawberry Rhubarb pie

0d007428.jpg

7a6dc80d.jpg

1b767994.jpg

I got the Ribs going @250* indirect with a drip pan filled with Apple Juice and Apple cider 50/50 for 5-hrs.
41fcb0da.jpg

a03662f3.jpg

Spritz with 50/50 mixture of Apple Juice and Apple cider every hour
14bbe1c4.jpg

Foiled the last hour
8e7920c0.jpg

3abc600b.jpg

Served with salad and garlic and cheese Focaccias bread that I bought at Costco. This was a great meal and good company.

Recipe for the beans:
Cowboy Beans or Ranch Beans

"Cowboy Beans" or Ranch Beans or whatever.

2 Lbs. pinto beans, rinsed sorted and soaked overnight (or quick soak. Boil for 2 minutes and let stand 1 hour and drain and rinse.)
1/2 stick of butter
1/2 pound bacon, diced
1 onion, chopped
2 bell pepper, finely chopped
1 14.5 oz.. diced tomatoes with juice
3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup chili powder
1/2 to 1 tsp cayenne pepper (depending on your taste)
1 - 6 oz. can tomato paste
1 cup chopped cilantro
2 qts.. chicken broth, 1 qt. beef broth the kind you get at the market

Melt butter in large pot or dutch oven. Add bacon and next 4 ingredients and saute' for about 4 or 5 minutes until vegies are tender but not burned. Add cilantro, chili powder, cayenne and tomato paste and cook about 3 minutes. Add beans, broth, salt and pepper to taste, bring to boil then lower heat and simmer 1 1/2 to 2 hours or 'til beans are tender. During this time liquid smoke (remember, a little of this stuff goes a long way) and tabasco and adjust seasonings to taste. If you want this thicker you can mash beans against the side of the pot to thicken.

Recipe for the pie: http://smittenkitchen.com/2008/05/strawberry-rhubarb-pie/

Thanks for looking

Ross

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
More terrific food photos, Ross!

Jackie looks like a real good sport, LOL! Beautiful pie, too!

Lee

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
luv it! ~happy Memorial Day~
looks great! i concur w/ lee- the pix, they rock

Guts

Ross ribs and beans, salad look good, but I want that pie. I want that pie!. I haven't had a strawberry rhubarb pie since my mother passed away.

Ross I have a question for you. I see your sink and faucet is that a Grohe faucet? I have a Grohe lady lux and looks very similar to yours. Do you have any problems with the handle going all the way back to the splash? I did with mine and I turned the faucet with the handle facing forward over the divider in the sink. Worked well for me and keeps a wet hands inside the sink rather than the countertop.

Ross in Ventura

Ross ribs and beans, salad look good, but I want that pie. I want that pie!. I haven't had a strawberry rhubarb pie since my mother passed away.

Ross I have a question for you. I see your sink and faucet is that a Grohe faucet? I have a Grohe lady lux and looks very similar to yours. Do you have any problems with the handle going all the way back to the splash? I did with mine and I turned the faucet with the handle facing forward over the divider in the sink. Worked well for me and keeps a wet hands inside the sink rather than the countertop.
I have not had a problem with it, I'll cross my fingers. My grandmother use to make a strawberry rhubarb pie that was out of this world,

Ross