2 Dan's Legal Medical Marijuana Garden.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
6/14/2019- I have been growing Marijuana for the last 9 years.
It helped me through my cancer, and other old age ailments I have picked up. I do not sell any, but my family, friends, and neighbors love me. LOL
This is my start for 2019.

Attachments

• 2 marij.jpg
    2 marij.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 1,151
  • 1 marij.jpg
    1 marij.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 1,159

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
These were my plants from last year. I had 18. The 2nd picture. The plant grew over eight foot tall.

Attachments

• plant one.jpg
    plant one.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 1,130
  • Plant three.jpg
    Plant three.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 1,161

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You must have a green thumb. :wow:

So, how do you keep the male plants out? Females good, males bad, right?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What are your containers, Dan, and where do you get them?

Do you ever change the soil, or amend it?

Lee

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
What are your containers, Dan, and where do you get them?

Do you ever change the soil, or amend it?

Lee
Amazon has them, they are not expensive. I use both 10 gal & 25 gal fabric pots.
"Porous fabric used in fabric pots allows air to enter the root zone from all surfaces of the container. This aeration provides a healthy environment for the roots as well as supports beneficial microorganisms and bacteria.Mar 1, 2018."

I do add nutrients to the soil weekly. Early before flowering, I use Jacks
20-20-20.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
The 2 small plants are finally starting to grow. The big one is going to be a monster.

Attachments

• pot2.jpg
    pot2.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 1,099
  • pot3.jpg
    pot3.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 1,089
  • pot 1.jpg
    pot 1.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 1,084

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
My 2 small plants- We can grow till almost November here in Northern CA.

Attachments

• 2plantc.jpg
    2plantc.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 1,071
  • 1plantd.jpg
    1plantd.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 1,077
  • 1plantc.jpg
    1plantc.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 1,076
  • 1plantb.jpg
    1plantb.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 1,061
  • 1planta.jpg
    1planta.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 1,073
  • 2plantb.jpg
    2plantb.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 1,075
  • 2planta.jpg
    2planta.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 1,081

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
February 13th 2020
I just picked this Clone up from the dispensary today.
The strain is Do Si Do . THC 20%+.
It is still too cold to grow outside. I'll keep her in my closet till early April.
"About Do-Si-Dos.
Named in the tradition of its parent strain Girl Scout Cookies, Do-Si-Dos is a soothing indica hybrid. This bud combines aromatic Girl Scout Cookies and the body-melting indica, Face Off OG. The product is a pungent and well-balanced strain whose effects seem to last longer than average."

Attachments

• 4plant.jpg
    4plant.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 1,047

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Dan and Lucky, do you both smoke it?

I have a good friend who smokes pot to reduce anxiety. Problem is, she has COPD.

I would love to help her grow a couple of plants, but don't want to encourage her to smoke.

What are the cons of eating it? Takes too long to feel the effect?

Lee

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Lee-
Yep- We both enjoy smoking herb.(Not ever tobacco.) A few year back; I had part of my lung removed. (Cancer) I've hear a lot of stories about cannabis & COPD. You can google that and find a lot of information. Yesterday I had a CT Scan. I see my DR. next week for results. After my surgery; I couldn't walk 50 yards with out stopping to get my breath back. I can pretty much walk a couple miles now. I really believe that cannabis has help me. Again, I'll let you know what my results are when i talk to my DR next week. Edibles make good sense, There are plenty of recipes how to make edibles with your plants by googling. Brownies is most people's first attempt at making edibles.
Google- 1, Cannabis & Lung Cancer. 2. Growing Cannabis. 3. Cannabis Brownies. If you can buy your edibles at a dispensary. The packages are well marked how much THC is in the package. A candy bar might have 100mg THC, you can break off 10mg's at a time, so you can judge just how high you want to get. My 1st time I ate an edible. I ate 100 mg's, and I didn't feel it, so I went to sleep, woke up in the middle of the night to Pee, and I was bouncing off walls. I was stoned to the max. There are all types of edibles. My daughter loves the jellies. 10 jellies to a package, each has 10 mg THC. We both like to do 5 each or 50 mg's. We know we will be high in about 1 hour, and it will last a good 4 hours.
American Lung Association says smoking cannabis might not be good for you because you hold the smoke longer in your lung. To me, I think it has helped, because I feel I've stretched my lungs from smoking and holding the weed. The big question wither it has hurt me any, I'll know next week. Again about your friend growing the plants- It is good idea, especially if she wants to make her own edibles. The problem with that, It is hard to know how strong your edibles are going to be. I've made them, I prefer to buy them from a dispensary, so I know the exact dosage. I hope this helped a little Lee.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I have a Medical Marijuana License, due to my Eye problems.......... that being said, I've been 'treating' myself to this consciousness altering tool since the "Stoned Age" of the sixties..... Difference is, it used to be 'Recreational' ; now it's 'Medical' ...

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Excellent answer, Dan - thanks for all the info.!

Lee

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
July 18, 2020
I have 7 plants this year that
will keep me busy during
harvest.
1canba.jpg
1canbc.jpg
1canbb.jpg
1canba.jpg
1canbc.jpg
1canbb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Everything looks great. How much water do they need?

Asking for a friend :mrgreen:

It is not so much how much, but what kind. We are talking PH.
I usually give my plant 5 gal. every other day. Ph between 6-7.
My PH meter broke early in the year. I know my water out of the faucet is PH 8. I put in a 1/2 lemon and it is perfect.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
It is not so much how much, but what kind. We are talking PH.
I usually give my plant 5 gal. every other day. Ph between 6-7.
My PH meter broke early in the year. I know my water out of the faucet is PH 8. I put in a 1/2 lemon and it is perfect.

Who knew . . .

Is there a best Ph for particular plants? I have my Moms Aloe plant. I remember it as a kid. No telling how old it is. I’ve been watering it with tap water, condition unknown. Any ideas?

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Who knew . . .

Is there a best Ph for particular plants? I have my Moms Aloe plant. I remember it as a kid. No telling how old it is. I’ve been watering it with tap water, condition unknown. Any ideas?

Did a little net surfing. The Aloe plant is best with a Ph of 7.0. Now to get a Ph meter like .i used for the pool.

Jim