Grilled Pork Steak

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Easy, fast, delicious!

Sprinkled my favorite bbq rub (Head Country) on the steaks, after brushing olive oil on them.

Grilled on gas grill (350-400 degrees) for 4 minutes per side.

Brushed on favorite bbq sauce (also Head Country) and grilled another minute per side.

Wonderful!

LeeIMG_5415.JPG

Last edited:

Johnny West

I just found a recipe on Facebook for schweinkbrat which I used to do Germany a lot. I’ll get some pork sirloin and do it next week.

lilbopeep

🍀🍀🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
This is the only Head Country product list online for my supermarket. I'll have to look at the store to see if they have other products not list on their shop from home site.

Here's the description from the market's website: Some say a good barbecue sauce brings a meal together. Well, we believe a truly great sauce brings people together. Born in the heartland from a melting pot of celebrated barbecue traditions, our home style sauce and rich blend of flavors capture the spirit of what barbecue stands for - family, friends, and food. Our unique blend of peppers brings the heat with a sweet, tangy edge.

head-country-sauce.jpg

Ironman

🍺
This is the only Head Country product list online for my supermarket.
Lots of folks in the smoking community love this brand. My favorite is Apple Habanero. Not hot at all (I wish it was spicier), and everyone loves it. Goes great on ribs. I wouldn’t hesitate to use it on pork steaks. I have to Amazon it. $$

Attachments

• D9CA0C6C-7992-4B4B-8DCF-AFB0B1DC2F13.jpeg
    D9CA0C6C-7992-4B4B-8DCF-AFB0B1DC2F13.jpeg
    656.2 KB · Views: 2

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hmmm, now that I'm only a backyard cook, I'd be intrested in trying that, Mark.

Lee

Johnny West

Grilled pork steak was a big thing when we lived in Germany. I should do it soon.

I forgot about doing schwinbrat, too. It’s pork steaks marinated in olive oil and garlic, then grilled.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Grilled pork steak was a big thing when we lived in Germany. I should do it soon.

I forgot about doing schwinbrat, too. It’s pork steaks marinated in olive oil and garlic, then grilled.

I have some in the freezer - wish they were thawed, as it is a warm and balmy 66 degrees this February day and I'd be grilling them.

Love the idea of marinating in olive oil and garlic. I also grill these with Ah-So sauce.

Lee

Johnny West

I was off in my description. Schweinesteak was the marinate pork steak. I always use pork sirloin. There are recipes with added herbs but the steak I got in Germany was marinaded with olive oil and garlic, only.
I’ll have to do this next week and will take pictures.

Schweinebraten is a marinaded pork roast.

Johnny West

I have a small one of those in the freezer, too. Also marinated in olive oil and garlic, then roasted?

Lee
There are lots of recipes on line I see. I’ve only done sauerbraten so would think it is similar.
There was a big pork sale going on at WinCo today and had big bags of pork sirloin roasts
for $1.98 a pound. I should have bought one but that is a lot of meat for just me. I did get a package of cut pork sirloin steaks that I will grill this weekend. I’ll put them to marinade in olive oil and garlic Saturday and grill Sunday.

1CE7EDC8-ED21-43CC-8904-4535567321B8.jpeg5EB54EF4-4CC3-4958-B8DE-45782CAA68C0.jpeg