Skinny Chicken, Spinach, Artichoke Skillet

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Well, this was definitely fast and easy, especially since I used rotisserie chicken.

Plus, all I had to buy for it was a bag of fresh spinach (the "adult" kind, not the baby kind that has less flavor, IMO).

I see lots of recipes using the same ingredients, only with cream and/or cream cheese, and other fattening stuff added. I'm thinking this recipe needs some of that.

It was just okay. Scroll down for recipe.

I would use these ingredients again, but play around with herbs and seasonings.

Any suggestions???

Lee
Chicken, spinach, artichoke.JPG

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hmmm, I'm looking at the photo, thinking maybe sliced pimento-stuffed olives instead of capers.

Or, keep the capers and just slice up some jarred pimentos?

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'd add something for a little heat, like jalapenos.
Also garlic and perhaps tarragon.

lilbopeep

🍀🍀🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Will you share the recipe?

I agree with red pepper flakes for some heat.

And fresh garlic.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry, I meant to attach the recipe I used.

Here it is. Oh, and I agree on the heat - red pepper flakes sounds great! I'll add some to the leftovers.

Lee

Skinny Spinach Artichoke Chicken Skillet
· Author: Melissa Belanger
· Prep Time: 5 minutes
· Cook Time: 15 minutes
· Total Time: 20 minutes
· Yield: 4 1x
Ingredients
· 14 – 16 ounces boneless, skinless chicken tenders
· 1 teaspoon olive oil
· 1 cup chopped onion
· 2 garlic cloves, minced
· 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
· 12 ounces fresh spinach leaves
· 2 tablespoons capers
· 2 tablespoons lemon juice
· 1 15-ounce can quartered artichokes hearts
· Salt & pepper
Instructions
1.Liberally season the chicken tenders with salt & pepper.
2.In a large non-stick skillet, heat olive oil to medium-high. Add onions and sauté, stirring occasionally until translucent – about 3 minutes.
3.Add chicken tenders and cook until golden brown, about 3 – 4 minutes per side.
4.Add garlic, chicken broth and spinach. Stir consistently until spinach is wilted – about 4 minutes.
5.Add remaining ingredients and cook until heated through. Add salt & pepper to taste.
Find it online: https://www.simplywhisked.com/skinny-spinach-artichoke-chicken-skillet/

Moxie

Along with a bit of heat, you needs an umami bomb. I would add a tablespoon of tomato paste to the middle of the pan, and stir it a minute to darken it, before you add the liquids. Some other ideas would be anchovy, mushrooms, cheese, etc. You could also add a little grated Parmesan over the top. A small bit of hard cheese is still 'skinny', but adds a punch, and would go well with those artichokes.

You've got salt in the capers, acid in the lemon, round it out with a bit of heat and umami.

Last edited: