1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup tomato diced
1 cup fresh spinach
Flatten chicken. Combine feta, lemon juice and oregano. Spread over chicken. Fold chicken to enclose filling;
secure with a toothpick. Heat oil in a skillet until hot. Add chicken and cook until golden brown. Mix chicken broth,
tomato and spinach. Add to skillet, heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 8-10 minutes. Serve.
Makes 4 Servings.
Carb Count: Recipe Total 13 grams of carbs, Carbohydrates Per Serving: 3.2 grams of carbs

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I made this last night, Lucky, and it was absolutely DELICIOUS!

I had one giant 1.23 lb. chicken breast which I sliced horizontally into 3 flat pieces.

Homecook posted a very similar recipe; the key difference was that she used kalamata olives. I love them, so I chopped up a few to add to the cheese filling and tossed some in the pan to simmer with the other stuff.

FANTASTIC!

Thanks for the recipe - I will definitely make this again!

Served with baba ganoush, pita and a very light Greek wine.

Lee
chicken 1.JPG
chicken 2.JPG
chicken 3.JPG
chicken 5.JPG
wine.JPG

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey, Jeff, thanks for bumping up this recipe! I have everything but the spinach, so I may be making it again soon!

Lee

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Low Carb Greek Chicken

1 pound boneless chicken breast
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup tomato diced
1 cup fresh spinach
Flatten chicken. Combine feta, lemon juice and oregano. Spread over chicken. Fold chicken to enclose filling;
secure with a toothpick. Heat oil in a skillet until hot. Add chicken and cook until golden brown. Mix chicken broth,
tomato and spinach. Add to skillet, heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 8-10 minutes. Serve.
Makes 4 Servings.
Carb Count: Recipe Total 13 grams of carbs, Carbohydrates Per Serving: 3.2 grams of carbs
I'm going to try this!

Reactions: Doc