Chili Cheese Dog Bake

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I made the recipe I saw on the Pillsbury site, which called for 4 hot dogs and 1 tube of Pillsbury pizza dough. I substituted a large can of Bush's baked beans for the chili.

It was good, but too much dough.

I then found the recipe below, which is exactly the same (except for my edits), but uses 8 hot dogs and crescent rolls.

I'll use this recipe next time my friend makes her excellent chili.

Lee

https://bestrecipebox.com/chili-cheese-crescent-dog-bake/print
Chili Cheese Dog Bake

For crispier crescent dough, bake the hot dogs wrapped in the dough for about 10 minutes first, then add the chili.
Ingredients:

• 8 hot dogs
  • 8 slices of American cheese or cheddar cheese sticks
  • 1 can refrigerated crescent dough
  • about 2 cans (15.5 oz ea) chili (or homemade, or substitute baked beans)
  • about 3 tablespoons Butter, melted
  • 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
  • fresh parsley for garnish
Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
  2. Spread the chili across the bottom of a 9” x 13” pan.
  3. Open the can of crescent dough and roll out dough. Cut the dough into 8 equal pieces.
  4. Roll 1 slice of cheese around 1 hot dog or cut cheddar cheese sticks in half lengthwise, and place the hot dog between 2 halves of cheese. Roll 1 square of crescent dough around the cheese/hot dog. Repeat for all 8 hot dogs. Gently press the seams of the crescent dough down.
  5. Melt butter and then add minced garlic. Place hot dogs in pan. Brush top of dough with the garlic butter. Save remaining garlic butter.
  6. Cover with foil and bake for about 25 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking un-covered for about 15 minutes or until tops of dough are golden brown.
  7. Brush remaining garlic butter on top of dough and top with parsley.

Attachments

• Hot dogs in blankets and beans.JPG
    Hot dogs in blankets and beans.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 1,569