Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake
Serves at least 12-16. This is very rich, serve very small portions.
I adapted this recipe of Nancy Haughton's.

Ingredients:
1 (9 oz.) package of chocolate wafer cookies, or make your own
3 Tablespoons sweet butter, melted
12 oz (2 cups) semisweet chocolate chips or use your favorite semisweet and chop finely
1-1/2 cups heavy cream
3/4 cup good quality seedless raspberry jam
16 oz (2 packages) Philadelphia brand cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract or 2 Tablespoons Chambord

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a food processor, grind cookies into fine crumbs. Add melted butter and process until thoroughly mixed. Press into the botton and about 1-inch up the sides of a buttered 9" springform pan. Refrigerate.
Melt the chocolate with the cream in the top of a double boiler. When smooth, mix in the jam and stir until dissolved. Let cool for 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth, for 1-2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and chocolate-raspberry mixture and beat 5 minutes. Pour mixute into the chilled crust.
Bake 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until cheesecake is set around the edges but still jiggles in the center. Let cake cool, then refrigerate until well chilled for 6 hours or overnight.
Remove from pan by using a very sharp knife, ensuring that you separate the crust from the pan or wrap a towel that has been rung out with very hot water around the pan to melt the butter and then, try again.
Whip remaining cream, using a pastry bag with 1/2" star tip, pipe border around edges of cheesecake.

Note: I have found that off brands of cream cheese are not the same as Philadelphia brand. The first time I attempted to use Publix brand my cheesecake did not turn out--it remained flat and failed to grow as a cheesecake normally does in the oven.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I love all four things in the name of this dessert!

Lee