NCT's Iron Chef 40: Battle Cabbage

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
For Iron Chef 40, the secret challenge is……..

Cabbage!

As with the other ICs, this is a challenge to ourselves. There is no judging, and no winner. We are ALL winners in this since we will all benefit from the creativity and new recipes that this challenge will bring us.

The rules are simple, this challenge is open for 7 days (week of 2/7/10 - 2/14/10). During that 7 day period, make any kind of dish you want, however you want. Drink, Appetizer, Main Course, Dessert, etc. The only stipulations are that you must use Cabbage in some way in the dish, and it must be something you have cooked during the 7 day period of this challenge.

Once your dish is ready, it’s a good idea to make a new post with your recipe. Then, post a link and a picture of your recipe to this thread. Alternatively, if you like, post your recipe and pictures here. In the end, we will compile all the results into one thread for easy searching.

Now, let Battle Cabbage begin!

2elbmud.jpg

Note: Sorry for the late post, but my monitor for my PC died and that took me out of commission for a few days.

lilbopeep

🍀🍀🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I'm in a mood to STUFF sumthin'...........................

stuffedcabbage.jpg
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm You know that looks like it could be used as an edible bowl for some hungarian sauerkraut soup if it was carved out a bit more (the core can be chopped and added to the soup) steamed a till tender. wow that sounds good!! i may have to try that some day.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm You know that looks like it could be used as an edible bowl for some hungarian sauerkraut soup if it was carved out a bit more (the core can be chopped and added to the soup) steamed a till tender. wow that sounds good!! i may have to try that some day.

This isn't an entry, just a tip. One of my favorite ways to serve dips for a crudite platter is to hollow out two cabbages - 1 green, 1 red. Save the innards for a stirfry, saute, or slaw another day, & serve two different dips in the hollowed-out cabbages. Very impressive & attractive presentation.

WHITCHY

I must say Luckys cabbage was very good. I'm the lucky one i get to eat alot of his creations!!!! Thanks Lucky i will have to try that one day.... But i,m thinking some kind of Ham Salad kinda thing we'll have to talk about that one.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
THX, Keltin...........

I cut out the Stem to give me a place to start, then went in with an ice cream scoop and cleaned it out to within 1 1/2 " of the "walls".

The stuffing mixture was just your typical Stuffed Pepper mix, with two exceptions ; venison replaced the ground beef, and some of the scooped-out cabbage was chopped and added to the mix.

I saved two of the outer leaves to cover the hole while baking................

BTW- the remaining cabbage from the well served as fried cabbage later in the week........

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I was given a gift of 5 Lb. ground venison ; The warden is bugging me to do this.......... problem is, there's just the two of us, and it feeds a lot more than two..........
But it's worth the bump ...........