Thanksgiving 2012 Menu

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
This was/is my menu. I am hoping I can get it all done.

Appetizers
Stuffed Mushrooms
Cream cheese, stuffed green olive & walnut poppers

Entrée
Roasted Turkey
Stuffing
Mashed Sweet Potato & Acorn Squash and/or Baked sweet potato
Brussels sprouts
String bean salad
Mashed potatoes
Gravy
Cranberry/Tangerine Relish
Cranberry sauce

Dessert
Apple pie
Pumpkin pie
Homemade Whipped cream

Beverages
Assorted soda
Sparkling cranberry apple cider

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanksgiving 2012....have you figured out your menu?

We pretty much have the same thing every year. If I alter it too much someone will grumble so it's:

Turkey
Ham
Lasagna
Mashed potatoes
Gravy
Sweet potato casserole
Dressing (I'm going to make a sausage, sage, apple cranberry dressing this year)
Greens
green bean casserole
mac and cheese
brussel sprouts
spinach, artichoke roll ups
deviled eggs
broccoli
rolls
gooey pumpkin butter cake
apple dumplings
DD is bringing a squash casserole
DD's MIL is bringing cranberry relish

We'll have Sweet tea, coffee and a variety of coke products.

It sounds like a lot of food but I won't cook until the following week and no one leaves without a "To Go" box. There's enough of a variety so you can have several meals and never eat the same thing twice so everybody's happy. :lol:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
as i'm dinner-hoppin', thier menus'll be dinner. i'll take dessert, candy, & make an appy or 2 (or maybe an appy & a dessert) w/ my 1 nephew. usually we make crabmeat-stuffed mushrooms. i'll think of another item we could make, too, as he's gettin' a tad older & i figure he could easily learn another item.
we'll have pop & adult beverages, too.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
112212_pumpkinpie_turkeyday_P1090663.jpg

112212_applepie_turkeyday_P1090662.jpg

The apple pie isn't brown because it's burned. I gave it a milk wash. Then I gave it a nice dusting of Trader Joe's cinnamon sugar grinder. You can't see it in the picture but the light is sparkling off the sugar crystals. It looks so good. LOL

Last edited:

Ian M.

I'm planning on taking my big, sad puppy-dog eyes and going house hopping across the country - I'll start at Peep's house until she brings out the brussel's sprouts and then it'll be off to Mama's mansion to oogle her gorgeous new counter tops and indulge to the eyebrows in all that mouth-watering food. Then back to Peep's house for a piece or two of one of those yummy looking pies and then I'll go find Luvs and follow her around for whatever crumbs she may drop in my direction! I've already seen more food than I ever bargained on - more than I could possibly eat in one meal, that's for sure. Seriously, I think we're going to my Dad to pick him up and go to my brother's house to stuff ourselves. Then on to Fallon's folks for the end pass (both food-wise and football) and probably nibble and snack all evening. We'll probably waddle home around Kieran's meal time tonight - or maybe his bedtime. We're really hoping that all the people who want to hold him and ooh and aah over him will keep him awake until he's just tired enough to stay asleep tonight!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone - and all you beautiful ladies keep a watchful eye out for those sad eyes looking at you. It's not your friendly, neighborhood Basset Hound - 'tis I, the pie-rat.

Ian M :piesmiley1:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I'm planning on taking my big, sad puppy-dog eyes and going house hopping across the country - I'll start at Peep's house until she brings out the brussel's sprouts and then it'll be off to Mama's mansion to oogle her gorgeous new counter tops and indulge to the eyebrows in all that mouth-watering food. Then back to Peep's house for a piece or two of one of those yummy looking pies and then I'll go find Luvs and follow her around for whatever crumbs she may drop in my direction! I've already seen more food than I ever bargained on - more than I could possibly eat in one meal, that's for sure. Seriously, I think we're going to my Dad to pick him up and go to my brother's house to stuff ourselves. Then on to Fallon's folks for the end pass (both food-wise and football) and probably nibble and snack all evening. We'll probably waddle home around Kieran's meal time tonight - or maybe his bedtime. We're really hoping that all the people who want to hold him and ooh and aah over him will keep him awake until he's just tired enough to stay asleep tonight!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone - and all you beautiful ladies keep a watchful eye out for those sad eyes looking at you. It's not your friendly, neighborhood Basset Hound - 'tis I, the pie-rat.

Ian M :piesmiley1:
Thank you and enjoy your day.

DD #1 and I got a lot of stuff prepped last night which was wonderful.

It would be so wonderful if we could have a forum "Pot Luck" with everyone bringing something yummy. So many good cooks here. Soup to nuts would be covered beautifully.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
This year it will be just my wife and I so we decided to tone it down a bit. So the menu is as follows:

Appetizers:
Dozen Deviled Eggs
Fried Ravioli with my sauce

Main Dinner:
Appleton Farms Spiral Sliced Hickory Smoked Honey Ham
Brandy and Orange - Mashed Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Brussel Sprouts
Cranberry sauce

Desert:
Pumpkin Pie with whipped cream.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We had appy's late (for lunch). So dinner will be around 6 or 7. DD #1 is trying to talk me into changed courses to dessert then entree!! LOL