2m.jpg

3m.jpg

4m.jpg

6m.jpg

7m.jpg

I'll add more as I find them.

Shermie

Site Supporter
The one on the bottom looks almost like the one that's made today.

They were all metal back then. Bet today, that most of them are made from cheap plastic. Except for KA, Electrolux Assistant and a few others.

Sass Muffin, do you actually own these machines? And if you do, are they still operable?

The one under the KA mixer looks quite unusual.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
The one on the bottom looks almost like the one that's made today.

They were all metal back then. Bet today, that most of them are made from cheap plastic. Except for KA, Electrolux Assistant and a few others.

Sass Muffin, do you actually own these machines? And if you do, are they still operable?

The one under the KA mixer looks quite unusual.
No Shermie, I ran across this site today and had a blast looking at all the pictures of all things retro, because I LOVE this type of thing.

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...ox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N&um=1

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
She has an amazing collection from how she describes it and it is spread out amongst her relatives as there is so much. She has so much knowledge it would be great if she wrote that book that we discussed.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
LeoLady does have some real cool stuff, and these look real cool as well. I like some of the new stuff that has a retro look to it, but like Sherman said it needs to be made of the same quality as the older stuff, IE with metal not cheap plastic.

leolady

They're probably all to be found in LeoLady's house. :)

:yum:Actually, all of my mixers are either Kitchenaid or Hobart!

And thanks Susan! I am very slowly working on the book because I have a lot of other projects going on right now.

My niece will be going to college next fall, and she has requested a dorm room decor in the school colors and utilizing a lot of the school logos. Niecy is a cheerleader and has tons of school spirit.

I found 3 university logo shower curtains on clearance at Walmart. Using the fabric from the shower curtains; I am busy sewing curtains, bedspread, pillow cases, throw blankets, decorative pillows, etc. -- mixing them with solid colors in such a way that I don't die from School logo OVERLOAD!

I am slowly getting everything she will need for her room. But man those school colors are red, blue, with touches of yellow!!!

bigjim

Mess Cook
Super Site Supporter
I think that Osterizer uses the same lid as the blender attachment for the Sunbeam Mixmaster, which is probably still available.

Shermie

Site Supporter
You might be right because Oster and Sunbeam were and probably still are the same co..

High Cheese

Saucier
Well it must be a full moon or something cuz my Mom called to ask me how the mixer worked since she hadn't used it in years and her hand held one just kicked the bucket. :whistling:

Shermie

Site Supporter
LeoLady does have some real cool stuff, and these look real cool as well. I like some of the new stuff that has a retro look to it, but like Sherman said it needs to be made of the same quality as the older stuff, IE with metal not cheap plastic.

Yes you're right!

I mainly always look for quality in things when I'm about to buy a kitchen appliance, and that goes for major appliances as well, from a reliable co and brand.

If their name isn't on it, then their quality isn't in it. :ohmy: :excl:

Shermie

Site Supporter
I own THIS ONE;

The Electrolux Assistant DX-2,000 Stand Mixer.

I like the huge 8.qt bowl, which allows me to make enough batter for 2 7up Cake recipes, which I've done in it!!

It has no over-the-bowl motor head because the motor and gearbox are located INSIDE the base under the work bowl!! :weber:

Attachments

• Electrolus Assistant Stand Mixer (Gray)..jpg
    Electrolus Assistant Stand Mixer (Gray)..jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 88
Last edited: