Buffalo Chicken ala Mrs. Bam

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
since the missus wont eat deep fried food anymore, i had to come up with a healthy version of buffalo chicken wings...we eat these at least twice a week. they are not exactly chicken wings but they are healthy and when you eat them it feels almost like they are not good for you.. enjoy

1 lb chicken breast tenderloins or chicken breast - cut into chunks
1/2 cup of your favorite hot sauce (i use a mixture of franks and another local grocery store brand)
2-3 cups of corn flakes, crushed medium to fine
spices to your taste for the corn flakes
cooking spray

cut up chicken, marinate in hot sauce for at least 1 hour, not too long or the vinegar will "cook" the chicken.

preheat oven to 400*F

crush flakes, place in a shallow baking dish or pie plate.

spray cooking spray onto cookie sheet.

roll a piece of the chicken in the crumbs, until coated, the more coating you put on, the crunchier it will become.

when all done with the chicken, cook for approx. 20-25 minutes.

about half way through cooking turn over - on a side note i usually dont turn them cuz i am too lazy..lol

eat with your favorite dip

Deelady

Hmmmmm think you can use rice crispys ground up instead? Thanks for the recipe,I've been craving buffalo wings....but have also been watching strictly what I eat!!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Hmmmmm think you can use rice crispys ground up instead? Thanks for the recipe,I've been craving buffalo wings....but have also been watching strictly what I eat!!

i have tried different coatings..the other coatings seemed to soak up more of the hot sauce but not get as crispy

Looks tasty, moist and tender Bams. But without egg dip the crumbs don't fall off?
Thanks.

as long as your meat is moist it will stick and i have been making these constantly for over 2 years and nope no worries about falling off crumbs..