2 May-2012- Wednesday Dinner

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
So what's it gonna be?
Don't know here.
Took the day off to rest from this junk I've got.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I was a good girl for lunch. I had a piece of turkey breast and some braised kale (now officially hooked on kale :heart:). I've got to run some errands later so maybe steak for dinner.

Get Well, Sass! You must be feeling pretty poorly to stay home from work :(.

Ronjohn

I've been a bit under the weather, and tonight I'm on my own for dinner so I have no idea at the moment. Maybe I'll just walk up to the pub and grab something there. Don't really feel like putting in much effort tonight.

Embryodad

It's a Drippy Dreary Day here. Ooooo... "3 D" Day. L O L

Got the thin sliced Eye Round thawing and ready to make Philly Cheese Steaks for tonight.
Guess I'll fry up the onions and peppers so they are ready.

I'm thinking of a mix of 1/2 Yellow and 1/4 Provalone and 1/4 Mozzarella Cheese. ... It's worth a try. All that could happen,.... is I eat it! L O L

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
get well soon, lollie & ronjohn.

i have meant to make veal for a few days. i dunno how or the sides. i'll see when blake wakes from his nap.

jimmy, they just began selling packs of ribeye, paper thin slices of it, & packs of cheese an 'at by it in this 'lil case @ market district, all together for cheesesteaks. your kinda stuff!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Get well soon Sass and Ronjohn!

Grilled chicken salad tonight. Too HOT to do much cooking.

Embryodad

get well soon, lollie & ronjohn.

i have meant to make veal for a few days. i dunno how or the sides. i'll see when blake wakes from his nap.

jimmy, they just began selling packs of ribeye, paper thin slices of it, & packs of cheese an 'at by it in this 'lil case @ market district, all together for cheesesteaks. your kinda stuff!
Wow! ... all- ready packaged wit the cheese.. Good Idea!

I / we never really had what is called a Philly Cheesesteak even though born and raised in NEPA. We did have what we called a Steak Hoagie. there was never any onions either. Just steak (all with fatty and grizzle hahaha) on a 8" or 10" Hoagie Bun!... You would take a bite, and would tear and pull until the steak would slap your face lips or cheeks. hahahahahaaha... Bro would G A G when that happened, and Dad would pick up the fat and grizzle and eat it..all the while saying..(" what the heck is the matter with this ?" )....Bro and I would say.."Go ahead and eat it; knock yourself out!!!" ... and out of the corner of your eye, there would be a spoon flashed acrosst your lips from moms corner of the table.

Embryodad

Philly Cheesesteaks......:readytoeat:

c3145ce4.jpg

dd5e06fc.jpg

Leni

Well my dinner idea sure changed. We are now having New York strip steak on the grill along with garlic mashed potatoes and artichokes. We are also having huge mushrooms grilled with butter, garlic and blue cheese.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Tuna salad on lettuce leaves and lime sherbet.
Spent most of the day up and down in bed.
Hopefully this bug is gone by tomorrow.
Nice cheesesteak Jimmy.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
switched from the veal. was too drowsy to cook. mainly feta/spinach pierogies & 2 cheddar 1's. sprinkled feta over them. garlic broccoli, too, & a d'anjou pear for dessert.

looks good, jimmy. yeah, the meat isn't in the pack w/ the cheese, tho it's convienent-looking to me.

Attachments

• IMG_38591425.jpg
    IMG_38591425.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 138