Did anybody catch the Mod Whine fest over on DC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanchoHambre

And what kind of pot did they smoke while choosing the new skin?!?! It's horrendous.

Schwag for sure... if it was good stuff it would look more like this
60sgroove1theme.jpg

It is fugly overthere

Welcome DBTRS!

The Tourist

Banned
Now there's a place I was proud from which to be banned.

True story, I was banned for a humour post I wrote about a fictious orangutan from The Scopes Monkey Trial.

I'm not kidding...

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
But then there was a thread asking about why so many people were banned. Some mod put a link to another thread where s/he talked about banning people from "another cooking forum" who made comments about DC.

Talk about not knowing anything about customer service. The problem is not the people complaining. It's what they are complaining about. If people have to go to another site to complain about your site, fix the problem with your site.

But hey, in the end we have more people here and more discussion than we had over there anyway. I wish I could log in over there and delete my posts. That site doesn't deserve my content....

So three cheers for the new site!!!:beer:

Amen! another reason why I'm glad to be here! :wink:

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Boy did that make my eyes sore? Andy put in an option to revert to the old style, I did that quick. I do find I have less & less to say over there.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Boy did that make my eyes sore? Andy put in an option to revert to the old style, I did that quick. I do find I have less & less to say over there.

THAT remark could be enough to get a nice person like you banned from La-La Land. Especially when one of their toadies runs back to "The Insecure One" and let's him know you don't unconditionally approve of the color combination.:lol: Hell, they ban people just because they know people over here. Talk about insecure. Oh, well, it's their problem, not ours.

Anyone remember the nuns from Catholic school in the 50's & 60's? Same kind of situation if you were a free thinker. That's why all my kids attended public schools. I still have scars on my hands because I dared to disagree with Sister Mary Holy Water.:lol::lol:

PanchoHambre

Anyone remember the nuns from Catholic school in the 50's & 60's? Same kind of situation if you were a free thinker. That's why all my kids attended public schools. I still have scars on my hands because I dared to disagree with Sister Mary Holy Water.:lol::lol:

LOL! nope but my folks sure do! wow are they scarred... Catholic school was held over our heads as a threat!

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Jeez, nothin like making me thankful for public school!!:shock:

Actually, I had a great school growing up in Iowa, lucky from what I have seen of some schools out here.

buckytom

Grill Master
hey, i went to catholic school. i turned out alright.
2219_twitching.gif

ya know, this thread has taught me one thing: that i'm a nicer person that i'd first thought. in the past, when i was (temporarily) banned or just left dc for disagreements, it bothered me.

this time, it doesn't. i'm over it already. i can keep in touch with a few old friends through myspace or facebook or email, so i have no urge to go back any time soon, to be at the mercy of a mod whose teeth are bared and dripping, waiting for me to step out of line.

Last edited:

chowhound

Well those of us Catholics who didn't attend parochial school, had our Saturday mornings consumed by CCD. So we're still a little bit off :^)

GrillinFool

THAT remark could be enough to get a nice person like you banned from La-La Land. Especially when one of their toadies runs back to "The Insecure One" and let's him know you don't unconditionally approve of the color combination.:lol: Hell, they ban people just because they know people over here. Talk about insecure. Oh, well, it's their problem, not ours.

Sad, truly sad. How much discussion is even going on over there? Not much that I can see....

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
You know unless any of you bring up something going on over there, I don't even bother to go there. I am over it.
The only thing I care about now is to make this site the best it can be and to avoid the pitfalls that caused us to leave or be banned from the other place.

If we can do that, and this experiment in freedom of thought, speech and the ability to disagree without flaming works, I will be deliriously happy.

GrillinFool

:unsure:........and all this has something to do with BBQ?

:hide: just sayin'

It has to do with how we all came to be here. And of course giving the trolls from over there something to read to get them all worked up. I think they deserve a bit of that don't you think?!?!

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Ahhhh... Good point Jeeks.

I will move this thread to Chit Chat.

Last edited:

The Tourist

Banned
in the past, when i was (temporarily) banned or just left dc for disagreements, it bothered me

Never let your detractors define you. Their goal is simply to wound you, or get even for all of the debates you won.

I've been banned a few times, and asked to be banned on a few occasions. Now I know many people say, "It's just the internet." But I dsiagree. There's a real person on the other end of that computer. Good or bad.

Your friends would never pounce, but I've found that your enemies never have the cojones to face you.

If you have defended a friend, and had twenty people turn against you in the most vile discussion, be proud.

In secret they will say, "Buckytom wouldn't give in, he defended a friend (or ideal) and even got banned. I wonder if I could?"

Y

YT2095

I`v handed in my resignation too, I really don`t like it there anymore NOR the idea of having my name attached to it, for the record my leaving PM to the Admin staff was:

"I`m sorry but after considerable thought, these New procedures and values here are not what I signed up to originally and would like to have my name removed from the DC userlist as a member here.
I can`t bring myself to play "the Kings new clothes" nor play the part of an extra in "The Stepford Wives" anymore.
Perhaps if things change here in time, I may come back again, but for Now, I want no part in this place anymore on Principal.

take care each and Godbless :0

YT. "

(just in case they try make out it was something OTHER than that there`s also a screen shot taken ;))

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
So can somebody explain to me what happened over there??? Everything changed so suddenly.....:shock:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I think everyone had a different experience there. Some of us just had a problem with one Admin but couldn't get it resolved. It was upsetting because we used to have a lot of fun over there.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Pretty much... that can happen to any forum... that is why you have to have checks and balances if you want to retain members.

The Tourist

Banned
I`v handed in my resignation too,

Good for you, I think it's taking the high road. The trouble is that many folks feel we're "stomping out."

I also make my 'resignation' known on a PM, for I find that it's nobody's business but the forum owner or the head super mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.