Boogity Boogity Boogity, let's go racin boys!!

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Okay, Race day!! WOOHOO!!!

Anyone catch Michael Waltrips backwards pitstop yesterday?? That was hilarious!! He was right between his lines too and then got back out like nothing was wrong!! LOL Watch the whole thing. It will show how he got in there like that.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynsQiqWwGvg[/ame]

Last edited:

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Okay, this caution for "sprinkles" is getting ridiculous!!!! COME ON!!!!!! Race or wait until tomorrow already!!

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I wish NASCAR would treat it like Formula 1. Once the race starts it's go go go. They're all racing in the same rain so why chicken out? Wusses!

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I was kinda embarrassed for my driver, causing a wreck and all, jeez Biffel....

Was pretty cool though, Matt setting history. Man, no one could catch that guy!

Lefty

Yank
My Nascar pool gave me Vickers, and Gordon for this race. BTW, they pay 50 1st, 35 10th, 20 20th, so everyone has a chance.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
You have a Nascar pool??? that is awesome. Haven't seen that, but, I'm out in the sticks now, lol. DH has been in NFL and NBA pools, that's it. How does the Nascar work?

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
DW and I joined a NASCAR "Survivor" pool where you pick a car each week and they must make the top 15 or you're eliminated. Plus you can only pick a number once per season.

There were about 20 or so people entered at $10 a shot, and it's winner take all. Unfortunately DW picked #29 last week, which was a good pick, but shite happens.

I'm still in, but about 2/3 have already been eliminated. I have #16 this week, and I'm worried about him having the flu. He won yesterday, so hopefully they can give him an IV, and some meds so he can get up on that wheel! :driving:

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
I think Biffle will do just fine today. He pulled off a win yesterday after fuel problems and kept Edwards at bay, lol. He's a determined guy!!

Lefty

Yank
You have a Nascar pool??? that is awesome. Haven't seen that, but, I'm out in the sticks now, lol. DH has been in NFL and NBA pools, that's it. How does the Nascar work?
A friend set it up, we have 21 players and pay $5 each week. We draw starting positions for 2 slot. 1 extra car is the roll car, if that car wins the money rolls into next week.

Wart

Banned
I think Biffle will do just fine today. He pulled off a win yesterday after fuel problems and kept Edwards at bay, lol. He's a determined guy!!

I think part of the reason Edwards was held at bay was ... Well, would you want to be Edwards in a meeting with Jack and Greg if you caused Greg to wreck?

Edwards showed good judgment, if only from the standpoint of self preservation.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I saw Biffle's win, yea!! My driver won!! But I couldn't find the next days race, or missed it, ugg!! Who won that one??

buckytom

Grill Master
i know i sound like an idiot, but can someone explain nascar to me?

i've never watched it for more than a few minutes, when we're broadcasting it.

how does the points thing work?

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Yea that can give ya a headache reading it, LOL! I just like to watch the races, I prefer the smaller tracks cause there is more bumping and grinding and a lot more leader changes making it more exciting.

buckytom

Grill Master
thanks wart. and lol, thanks mav.

it's not all that different than many sports, when you include tiebreakers, seeding, and such. confusing as hell.

is there a specific season?

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
thanks wart. and lol, thanks mav.

it's not all that different than many sports, when you include tiebreakers, seeding, and such. confusing as hell.

is there a specific season?

February-November,lol

Watching on TV is NOTHING like going to one. I watched every once in a while and didn't really follow it, but, I went to a race here at TMS and OMG!! It's electric!! You will have to go to one and sit in some good seats so that you can see the pits and everything. Kinda like being on the 50 yard line:biggrin: but, the vibration from the engines, the smell, the fans all of it is AWESOME!! Now, we just crank it up when they say it and it a tiny bit like being there ,lol

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
The season consists of 36 races. In 2004 NASCAR started the "Chase" system. Now after 26 races the top 12 in driver points have their points resest to the same value plus 10 bonus points for each race win. Points and bonuses are then awarded the same way for the Chase drivers, but you have to be in the top 12 at the beginning of the Chase to have a chance at the championship.

There is also a car owner's point system that runs concurrently with driver's points system. This is important because the top 35 cars in owner's points are guaranteed a spot in the race, and anyone else must either qualify in a time trial, or receive a past champion provisional to race in the 43 car field.

Confusing enough for you? :lol:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I love to crank it up when the race starts. Remember when they would hang the microphone over the wall so you could hear them zipping by? That was the best. I am hoping this year I can get down to Joliet for the race there!

buckytom

Grill Master
mav, i've heard some really great stories from the guys that cover the races for us. they set up those cameras that are right in the wall, or over the track, and then get the best seats in the house.

they say ya gotta watch out for the spray of hot rubber. and the noise is deafening.

the heck with osha standards.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Mark Martin has the pole today!! I wish he would win!!

Mark is always my man.

mm01b.jpg