Boogity Boogity Boogity, let's go racin boys!!

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Okay, I'm gonna start it! A racing thread to gripe, holler or root for a driver every week.
This is the first official race of the season and for points! Where better to start than Daytona!
WOOHOO, Go Jr and Kasey!!
jrflag-1.jpg

budKK-1.jpg

Last edited:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Hey, there's a M & M car!!!!! Cool!
There's a car for just about anything. I worked for Dirt Devil for 12 years and we had a car for $1 million per year. Being in the vacuum cleaner business, our car sucked!:tongue:

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
When I go to the race with my bro-in-law, our seats are opposite the pit exit about 25 rows up. When the green flag gets waved the sound of the cars under hard acceleration is fantastic, but the next time by when they're up to speed makes it feel like you're sitting right next to a speeding train. Whooooooshhhhhh!!!! I love the feel of the wind they produce.

lilylove

no...lol... years ago... I had a friend that made me watch car races. 24 was a TIDE car.

Twas about 20 years ago. Haven't seen a race since lol

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I think I am going with Greg Biffle this year!

I watched the highlights on the Daytona 500, holy cow lots of wrecks.. why oh why do they keep trying to go three wide?!?!

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Guess who? The number might have changed but I love old man racers. :a1:

Me too! that is why I hate Kevin Harvick! He robbed Martin of his first Daytona win 2 years ago. I was PISSED!! I don't remember how many laps he had led and it came to the last yards and Kevin Harvick just had to shove forward and take it away from him. Anyone else I wouldn't have cared, it's the name of the game, but, Martin had never won there before and it was his. Harvick could have let him have that. That win did nothing for him.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
It's pretty cool.

Hmmm... Dupont and Pepsi as the sponsor.. wonder if they are trying to tell us something?:shock:

Very cool looking car though, pity when they get scratched up and wrecked though.

And I always find it amazing that even in the worst wrecks the drivers are almost always able to walk away. Talk about safety features!

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
That is in thanks to the ones like Dale Sr. His death was senseless. The hit that killed him should not have done so. All the bracing and padding they have now keeps them so much safer.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
That is in thanks to the ones like Dale Sr. His death was senseless. The hit that killed him should not have done so. All the bracing and padding they have now keeps them so much safer.

At least some good came out of it. I was so shocked when I heard about that, and on the last turn. Just couldn't believe it.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Well Kyle is out of the way now. LOL!!
Brian Vickers hit Jr and knocked him down, Jr came back up bumped him back and wholly cow, there went the cars. All I saw was Jr coming back up to the inside of the yellow line and bumped him.:whistling: My story and I'm stickin to it.