Memorial Day Pics From a different View

Lefty

Yank
Most of these pics were taken by me while driving in the parade. A different perspective from the usual.

Attachments

• pics 069sm.jpg
    pics 069sm.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 145
  • pics 086sm.jpg
    pics 086sm.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 150
  • pics 087.jpg
    pics 087.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 154
  • pics 090.jpg
    pics 090.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 155
  • pics 098.jpg
    pics 098.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 152

Lefty

Yank
A couple more

Attachments

• pics 115.jpg
    pics 115.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 152
  • pics 118.jpg
    pics 118.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 155
  • pics 125.jpg
    pics 125.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 146

chowhound

Neat pics, Lefty.
Around here folks use chairs. Any big parade my little town has and people have chairs along the thoroughfare a week in advance with ropes tying them together and "reserved" taped to them. When I was a kid, we would sit on the curb like your pics.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Great pictures Lefty! I grew up in a small town that had parades like that with people lined up along the road and kids sitting on the curb. That brought back some wonderful memories! Thanks for sharing!

Biskit

Thank-you, Lefty! Our town hasn't had a Memorial Day, or July 4th parade in years!
Not enough support anymore.

Small towns are great!

Lefty

Yank
If you look at post 2 on the right hand side, I am seated third from the left. Bald head. I was the wreath layer for the Son's Of The American Legion. My daughter took the pic.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
These pictures are wonderful, Lefty. It was grand to see so many children out, too. And your town it beautiful - it's one of the things I miss about New England. Everything is so pretty.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Wonderful stuff, Lefty. I love small town parades and it's amazing how much emotion you can see on Memorial Day and Veterans Day. I missed ours on Saturday as I was on the road, but Fran watched it and said it was both beautiful and long. This much participation from a town of only fifty thousand people is impressive.

Lefty

Yank
Wonderful stuff, Lefty. I love small town parades and it's amazing how much emotion you can see on Memorial Day and Veterans Day. I missed ours on Saturday as I was on the road, but Fran watched it and said it was both beautiful and long. This much participation from a town of only fifty thousand people is impressive.
My town is 10,000 people. Not too shabby for a village like ours.