View First Unread Function in Threads

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
When I open a thread that I have viewed before, I click on 'view first unread' to see the first new post since I was last in the thread. I can then follow it right up to last post.
However, it is not working. Instead of taking me to the first unread post, it is taking me to the first post since I logged in. In other words, if a thread was opened on 3/25 and I read the first page, I would come back and now there are three pages. I click on 'View First Unread' and instead of going to page two, I go to page three and the first post it pulls up was created after I logged in today. So I miss all the posts between when I last viewed the thread and the first one made since I logged on today. That can sometimes add up to several pages, making it hard to keep up on some threads.
One thread I had last visited on 3/10. When I clicked on 'View First Unread' it took me to almost the last page and started with a post made today at 6pm. I looked back and could see I missed every post from 3/11 to 3/29 at 2pm.
Does that makes sense in explaining it, and anyone else having this problem? I set FF to save my cookies so ya think it would remember what I have actually read and not read.