Waiting is NOT easy!!

Ian M.

Hospital waiting rooms really suck!! I'm here at the hospital where I've been, now, for a couple of hours! I brought Fallon in when things began happening hurriedly at home and I was pretty blitzed, I can tell you. This new fatherhood business certainly isn't for the weak, is it? I picked up her carry-on bag with all her necessities in it and the bag she'd packed with everything she thinks she needs to bring our baby home - and completely forgot to bring anything for me to do while I wait. Anyway, I discovered that I still had the laptop in the car from carrying it around during the Hurricane last Monday so now at least I can contact the outside world and let everyone know what all's happening in the "coming out" room in there.
How come the walls out here are always either puke green or "needs washing" tan? Not conducive to calming Dad while he waits. I sure wish my Dad would get here - I've called just about everyone I could think of to let them know it's TIME but so far, not even my mother-in-law is here to help hold somebodiy's (mine?) hand. I got so flustered in the labor room that Fallon finally suggested that I wait out here - mainly because I couldn't remember if I was supposed to tell her to push or pull and she allowed as how she wasn't supposed to do either one just yet and would I please go get myself some coffee? Just please leave her to do her job! Yes, Mame!
I got flustered when I began calling people and called my one brother twice by mistake and completely forgot to call the other brother at all. I've really got to get my act together!

I'll let you all know when our boy gets here. Does this ever get any easier?

Ian (Fallon's kind of busy right now) :confused:

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Hang in there Ian and congratulations. I only have one, I cannot tell you about a second.

It is just starting, I can tell you that. Lots of Joy and some tears,

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Well, I hope by now, at least you are with some family members, Ian. Maybe even cooing at your son?

Congratulations on your little one!

Lee

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Waiting is sooooo hard. Hopefully the time will pass quickly!

OH......... AND DON"T FORGET THE PICTURES!