Rigatoni with spicy Italian salami

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I posted a couple pix of this the day before yesterday and was asked by some people for the recipe. It came from Chef Curtis Stone and was published in the August 10, 2009 People Magazine.

It was delicious.

Rigatoni with spicy Italian sausage

20 cherry tomatoes
5 tsp. EVOO
salt & ground black pepper
8 oz. spicy salami
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup kalamata olives
1/4 cup extra-fine capers
1/4 cup chopped parsley
8 to 10 oz. rigatoni pasta

1. Preheat oven to 375F. Place tomatoes on a baking sheet,drizzle with 2 tsp. EVOO and salt and pepper.Roast for about 8 minutes Remove and let cool.

2. Bring pot of salted water to a boil. Heat the remaining 3 tsp. of oil in a large saute' pan over medium heat. Add salami, cook for 30 seconds on each side. Remove salami from pan and reserve. Return pan to the heat, add garlic and saute'. Add tomatoes, saute' for 3 minutes.

3. Add wine, simmer for about 3 minutes Add olives and capers. Bring the mixture to a simmer and add the salami and parsley. Meanwhile, cook pasta in the boiling water for 8 minutes, until al dente. Drain and toss in the pan with the sauce. Season with salt and pepper.

Attachments

• 100_1568.jpg
    100_1568.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 138
  • 100_1569.jpg
    100_1569.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 137

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm glad you posted the recipe. Lol--From looking at the picture, I thought the olives were very large kidney beans. I love everything in this dish......salami, wine, fresh tomatoes, kalamata olives, capers.......a must try. Thanks!