ISO Stuffed tomatoes that do not include rice or potatoes....

lilylove

Can anyone help?

I want to do a warm stuffed tomato, meat and other veggies are wonderful but I don't want to use any bread, rice or potatoes.

I guess I could just do the regular type stuffing and leave those items out but I'm wondering if there's something different I could do.

Thanks!!!!!!! :heart:

CharlieD

im30_3456.jpg

1/2 cup shrimps, boiled
1/3 oz (10 g) parsley greens
8 tomatoeses
1 cucumber
1 cup rice, boiled
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp mayonnaise
salt, ground black pepper to taste​

Directions:
Peel the boiled shrimps. Leave 8 shrimps for topping.

Wash tomatoes and cut their upper parts off. Carve the seeds out.

Stir boiled rice with the lemon juice, cut greens, mayonnaise and cut peeled boiled shrimps. Add salt and pepper.

Fill tomato cups with the mass and cover with the cut upper parts of tomatoes. Top with shrimps. Wash the cucumber and cut into circles. Put these circles on a plate. Put the tomato cups in the center. Decorate with greens.

That's not the recipe I wanted to post, but I cannot find one with salmon, weird. Itmight be at home. Will keep looking.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Here's one from trishrock, Trish. It was delicious, even though there was way too much filling! http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=97655

Any combination of meat and vegetables will be great in peppers.

I've stuffed them with chili (burger and beans), with a combo of sausage, onion, mushrooms and canned tomatoes, with lamb, eggplant, olives and feta .... just mix up a bunch of things you like, toss it in there and bake them!

Lee

Last edited:

CharlieD

Baked tomatoes Stuffed with Salmon, Garlic and Capers.

1 tablespoon capers preferably packed in salt
1 pound salmon
3 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
1 teaspoon very finely chopped garlic
2 tablespoons fine dry unflavored bread crumbs
Salt to taste
Black pepper, freshly ground
2 large ripe firm tomatoes, weighing approximately ¾ pound each

Drain the capers if packed in vinegar. Soak, rinse and drain if packed in salt, then chop fine. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Remove the salmon’s skin, any loose membranes and carefully pick out the bones. Dice the fish finely and put in a bowl, together with 2 ½ tablespoons of olive oil, the chopped parsley, garlic, capers, 1 tablespoon of breadcrumbs, salt and several grinds of black pepper. Toss thoroughly. Wash the tomatoes, cut them horizontally in half and scoop out all the seeds and the centers to make a cup-like hollow. Pat the insides of the tomatoes with paper towels to soak up excess juice, and then stuff the tomatoes with salmon mixture, pressing it down lightly as you do so. There should be enough to form a mound. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining bread crumbs and drizzle with the remaining olive oil, holding back a few drops of oil to smear the bottom of a baking pan. Place the tomatoes in the oiled baking pan and bake in the upper level of the preheated oven for 35 minutes or until the salmon stuffing has formed a light golden crust. Serve lukewarm. The dish is also good later at the room temperature.

Ok, you owe big for this one. I did not have this stored, so I had to type this, and my home PC is a junk, ooof.

CharlieD

Actually I think I'm going to make that on Sunday, we may have some friends coming over, might be a nice appetizer. Thank you for reminding me about it.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Actually I think I'm going to make that on Sunday, we may have some friends coming over, might be a nice appetizer. Thank you for reminding me about it.
hello charlie!

who are you talking to sweetie?

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
trish, you could stuff them with tuna salad or chix salad! i make chix salad with chix, peeled english cuke, sm. dice, mayo, & green curry paste.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
why not try barley? that's not lo-carb, of course, 'cept it is whole grain!=healthy, at least. you could make like a lamb stuffing. you're a fan of lamb, right?

or Italian sausage removed from it's casings.