SMOKERHEAD BBQ

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Well;
Beef Brisket, Potato Chip Casserole, Pit Beans w/ Bacon Ends...

The meal was very tasty, with the exception of the Casserole... very dense and dry..... they've got it on a stem table; not sure that's the right place for it...
Please take note that the beans you see on the plate cost me five bucks extra...

The owner supplied me with a small taste of his slaw, gratis (also five bucks on the menu)... I, after two weeks of making that delicious Summer Slaw, was unimpressed.... advertised as a 'Sweet Vinegar Slaw', I found that it was a little on the 'Mayonnaise' side....

Overall, the food is good, but the pricing is over the top...
Example; They have a salad they call the Wedgie; a wedge of Iceberg with

Sweet Pepper ring and a Tomato slice, under Ranch Dressing... 10 bucks !

On their 'Today's Specials' board, this item was listed for eight ...

The place was empty when I came in at 1:30, Owner informed me that lunch crowd was heavy (He ran out of his Pulled Pork) but while we were talking, two customers came in..... it was then that I noticed that the tables were set with the "Take-Out" utensils, ... Plastic, sealed in cellophane, with a napkin, and those little Salt & Pepper packets, but there were salt & Pepper shakers on the tables, so...

Totally unacceptable for what would be an average 20 - dollar lunch....
I was interested on their take on "Peachwood Smoked Carolina Pulled Pork",

but at those prices, I can do without...
I carried it out, and plated at home...

Smokerhead BBQ Brisket, Beans, P.C. Casserole.jpg

One final beef; notice the chalkboard on the counter..... two day past the Super Bowl...

IMG_7176.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The brisket and beans DO look good, but the portions don't justify the price.

Usually, barbecue tastes better when it's cooked at home, if you have the time and the equipment. That said, there are two BBQ restaurants I want to try sometime - both owned by BBQ friends of mine, both competition champions. One is in Boston, "Smoke Shop BBQ" and one is in Tampa, "Dr. BBQ the Restaurant".

The trick is keeping the stuff from drying out - evidently some restaurants do it better than others.

Lee

Dogboa

The brisket and beans DO look good, but the portions don't justify the price.

Usually, barbecue tastes better when it's cooked at home, if you have the time and the equipment. That said, there are two BBQ restaurants I want to try sometime - both owned by BBQ friends of mine, both competition champions. One is in Boston, "Smoke Shop BBQ" and one is in Tampa, "Dr. BBQ the Restaurant".

The trick is keeping the stuff from drying out - evidently some restaurants do it better than others.

Lee

Is that as in Dr. BBQ, Ray Lampe? The only good BBQ here is from my own smokers.