Chicken, Shrimp, and Pineapple Fried Rice

Cooksie

Site Supporter
We had this for dinner last night, and it's the best fried rice that I have ever made (that's not saying much though :ohmy:). It is very good.

3657773758_a1c4fa5b90.jpg

3 cups of steamed and chilled white rice
3 T vegetable oil
1 small white onion, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 to 3 bok choy leaves (roughly chop the white stem part; in a separate pile, cut the leafy green part chiffonade style)
4 to 6 chicken tenders cut into bite-size pieces
10 to 12 medium/large shrimp, cleaned and rough chopped
8 oz can of pineapple chunks, drained (I cut the chunks into two pieces because I thought they were too big.)
3 T Lee Kum Kee oyster sauce (don't use LaChoy)
3 T soy sauce
a couple dashes of sesame oil
Green onion, sliced (optional)

Mix together the oyster sauce, soy sauce, and the sesame oil in a small bowl. Have all the above ready and within easy reach.

Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add the onions and stir fry until they begin to lightly brown. Then add the garlic and the chopped bok choy stems. You want the bok choy crisp-tender, so don't overcook.

Add the chicken and cook until it begins to change color. Add the shrimp and stir fry until the shrimp are pink and cooked through. Add the rice and pineapple chunks and mix well. Pour the sauce over all and heat thoroughly. Take off the heat and stir in the leafy part of the bok choy. Garnish with sliced green onions.