It's Christmas Cookie Time!!!!!

Guts

Thanks SS I know I have it on my Sony, and I just found the close up on my cheep camera. I will try it out tonight.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh, I love looking at everyone's cookies! Nice job, everyone, especially you, Guts - VERY good decorating skills! Thanks so much for sharing your pics with us, everyone.

I've been baking for a few days and still don't have all the cookies made, but we needed to take a plate to friends tonight, where we are invited for dinner.

From the top, clockwise, are hazelnut cookies (made with Nutella), cranberry bars, double chocolate espresso cookies, sugar cookies, cranberry/pecan/white chocolate cookies, and fudge. In the center is my new favorite: almond ginger shortbread, with bits of crystalized ginger. Really yummy.

Attachments

• DSCF0911.jpg
    DSCF0911.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 135

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Karen, they look wonderful! Are you going to share the recipe for Double Chocolate Espresso Cookies? Please........

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Oh, I love looking at everyone's cookies! Nice job, everyone, especially you, Guts - VERY good decorating skills! Thanks so much for sharing your pics with us, everyone.

I've been baking for a few days and still don't have all the cookies made, but we needed to take a plate to friends tonight, where we are invited for dinner.

From the top, clockwise, are hazelnut cookies (made with Nutella), cranberry bars, double chocolate espresso cookies, sugar cookies, cranberry/pecan/white chocolate cookies, and fudge. In the center is my new favorite: almond ginger shortbread, with bits of crystalized ginger. Really yummy.
OH YUMMY Karen!! I am interested in the double chocolate espresso cookies recipe, almond ginger shortbread, with bits of crystalized ginger recipe and the 2 cranberry recipes. I want to bake but I think I will wait till after the Holidays. My family is gone or moved away, no co-workers (mine or hub) to give to and my friends are on diets or no carb diets.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
We just got home from dinner with friends - they loved the cookies. I'll post recipes tomorrow - thanks for the compliments, SS and Peeps!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We just got home from dinner with friends - they loved the cookies. I'll post recipes tomorrow - thanks for the compliments, SS and Peeps!
How could they NOT LOVE those beautiful cookies!! YUMMY. I can't wait for the recipes!! LOL I will choose several recipes to make while my girl is on holiday break.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
OK guys, I posted all the recipes under "Cookies": (but I should have posted the cranberry bars under "bar cookies"). Mod? Help?

Edited to add: I always use unsalted butter unless specified otherwise - I don't think I wrote them up that way.

Deelady

Gorgeous cookies everyone!! Some high quality baking going on !!:tiphat::a1:

As for myself I only made one kind this year...Fudge Puddles The have a peanut butter cookie outside and a fudge center made with both chocolate and butterscotch and some I topped with chopped pecans.

Attachments

• food 480.jpg
    food 480.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 139
  • food 482.jpg
    food 482.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Gorgeous cookies everyone!! Some high quality baking going on !!:tiphat::a1:

As for myself I only made one kind this year...Fudge Puddles The have a peanut butter cookie outside and a fudge center made with both chocolate and butterscotch and some I topped with chopped pecans.
YUMMY Dee!!

Deelady

Thanks Peeps and Mama! And Mama I figured it was a two birds with one stone holiday treat....cookies AND fudge! lol ;)

Guts

Guts - VERY good decorating skills!

Karen, I'm afraid I can't take credit for those cookies it was just a poor excuse on my behalf for cookie humor. I wish I could decorate like that, a friend of mine sent me this picture in an e-mail titled why men should not make cookies. I was just trying to interject some humor in the thread, sorry.
Kim

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Dee, those look just like the ones I used to get at the cookie shop in the mall! Was the cookie peanut butter?