Another Diners, Drive-ins and Dives Disappointment

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
But I didnt go to THIS one. No no NO! The Sushi didnt get suckered into this one. My friend said he went there a while ago and it sucked so I looked at one of the most popular review joints and what did I find on Metromix?

Tufano's Vernon Park Tap

1073 W. Vernon Park Pl. - Chicago

Feb. 28, 2009: We are a group of people that enjoy visiting restaurants highly referred by others from shows like Check Please and 190 North of Chicago. Another reason we went to Tufano's was because the owner was also an acquaintance of the two other people I was with. To be fair, we ordered 7 entrees, 3 appetizers, and 3 desserts. Nothing we ordered was to rave about. Entrees were mostly overly salted and were served with some CANNED vegetables---coming from what was considered an upscale Italian restaurant, Chicken Parmigiana was one small breast served to us with burnt mozzarella on top with pasta for a BIG price---considering the portion, appetizers were mediocre at best, and their desserts were not very good--one dessert we ordered was a specialty of theirs that was an icecream ball covered in chocolate and you practically needed to bend your spoon to eat the dessert. All five of us rated this restaurant ONE STAR out of 5.

The interior of the place is very diner-like, featuring those horrible laminate brown tables and metal frame chairs. The place hasn't been updated in years. I suppose that would be okay if the food wasn't so lame.
If you are too lazy to boil some boxed pasta and pour some Prego sauce over the top of it, you might want to consider going here.

The atmosphere in Tufano's is busy, loud, fun and festive. It's a great neighborhood bar with mediocre bar food.
Anyone trying to pass it off as being good Chicago Italian has one too many. I still have nightmares of the canned mushrooms and rubbery calamari.
Stick with the drinks.

Do yourself a favor, eat somewhere else. The food at this restaurant is worse than mediocre. My girlfriend ordered the "special" cavatelli and had to send it back. Subsequently, our waitress was unbelievably rude. I have never been so insulted in a restaurant. Diners Beware!

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
So is it safe to say this is another one we won't be going to? LOL!

ha!!! :yum::yum::yum: Canned vegi's, rude service below average food and expensive prices!!! Sounds like a winner! Plus they have shit parking and their atmosphere sucks. LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!! :harley:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
ha!!! :yum::yum::yum: Canned vegi's, rude service below average food and expensive prices!!! Sounds like a winner! Plus they have shit parking and their atmosphere sucks. LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!! :harley:

if i wanted to eat like that, i would let Mrs.Bam cook...LMFAO:yum::yum::yum: