Drumettes or Wingettes?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have a lot of friends who, like me, love to share chicken wings, whether we eat in, order out, or dine out.

Since I ADORE the "wingette" portion far more than the "drumettes", it's the best when I happen to be with a friend who would rather have the "drummies".

Which do you prefer?

Lee

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
only wings that make u forage for dinner. uck on the other kind.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I prefer the Wingette. I think the meat is more tender. DH prefers the drumette so it works out well for us :biggrin:

To be perfectly honest, I like the balance of enjoying both, as does hubby - so our little Wing-Fests work out very well. :)

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'll eat them both, but I prefer the wingette. Ummmm...deep fried, tossed with butter and Frank's, with a side of chunky blue cheese and celery sticks, and lots of napkins :readytoeat:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Actually my favorite part is the wing tip which they don't serve out. When I do eat chicken wings which is not often it really doesn't matter much to me.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Okay, Peep - you and I are going out for wings!

Lee

Actually my favorite part is the wing tip which they don't serve out. When I do eat chicken wings which is not often it really doesn't matter much to me.

When I make wings indoors, I save the tips in the freezer to add when I'm making poultry stock.

But when I'm making wings outdoors on the grill, I cook them whole - wing tips included - & they're DELICIOUS!!! I particularly like grilling them outdoors Asian-style. Something about the whole wing with a nice sticky oooey-gooey Asian sauce makes it a whole different wing experience from the usual hot-red-blue-cheese style (which I love as well).

chilefarmer

I like it all, not really picky. Battered and fried, or just fried or oven fried. With some spicy sauce. I make my own. CF

We never eat Wings out anymore. We've noticed that all of the wing places now serve small scrawny wings drenched in sauce. Yech.

At home, I can easily roast nice plump Perdue chicken wings, & sauce them with either a homemade concoction or our favorite sauces from "Buffalo Wild Wings", who sells their sauces by the bottle. Love their "Mango Habanero", "Hot BBQ", & "Parmesan Garlic". What's fun is that with all 3 of these in the fridge, we can have an easy "to order" wing-fest whenever we want.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
wings wings and more wings...i prefer the wingettes because those are usually the most left after everybody picks throught the drummies..lol