Good Luck, Sattie

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
You guys are soooooo not right!!! You know that???? LOL!!! But I have to say, I am in awe of you as well, I never expected to see this! You guys are the greatest!!!!

This year is officially my 100,000 mile check up. Had the mammogram done. It came back clear.

Physical check up was good.

Colonoscopy.... (as Stacy said, it is done for percautionary reasons because of family history) this went well, better than expected. They put me on half lyte which you only have to drink a half gallon of the stuff. The procedure itself, they knock you out and I got to talk to my ancestors for a bit. DH and I had a good laugh last night about all the things I was saying in the recovery room. Seems I had three things on my mind:

"I'm thirsty, where's my water?"
"Man that room was bright!"
"I gotta fart."

Then after I would say the last one, I would ask him if he heard it. (I don't remember any of it!)

Anywho... all is well with the chocolate whizz way. So I'm good for another 5 years.

Thanks so much you guys.... I really got a good laugh reading all of this!!!

homecook

I'm glad to hear everything went well sattie!!

Every time my dh would have surgery when he was in recovery he would always yell for "Stella". No joke. The nurses would all ask if my name was Stella. lol

Barb

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
You guys are soooooo not right!!! You know that???? LOL!!! But I have to say, I am in awe of you as well, I never expected to see this! You guys are the greatest!!!!

This year is officially my 100,000 mile check up. Had the mammogram done. It came back clear.

Physical check up was good.

Colonoscopy.... (as Stacy said, it is done for percautionary reasons because of family history) this went well, better than expected. They put me on half lyte which you only have to drink a half gallon of the stuff. The procedure itself, they knock you out and I got to talk to my ancestors for a bit. DH and I had a good laugh last night about all the things I was saying in the recovery room. Seems I had three things on my mind:

"I'm thirsty, where's my water?"
"Man that room was bright!"
"I gotta fart."

Then after I would say the last one, I would ask him if he heard it. (I don't remember any of it!)

Anywho... all is well with the chocolate whizz way. So I'm good for another 5 years.

Thanks so much you guys.... I really got a good laugh reading all of this!!!
Hey Sattie, you almost make this sound like fun.......almost. Glad things are all OK.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Gee, I am still thinking about the Net Cooking Talk colonoscopy group rate. I bet we could work something out at the Cleveland Clinic.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
It was not that bad, the worst part for me is getting the IV hooked up. I can't stand needles. So I sweated that the most. But it was not so bad, the nurse was kind enough to block my view of what she was doing and then covered up my hand so I could not see the tubing. Even thinking about it makes me queasy! The second hardest part.... watching FN all day long while not being able to eat real food! Yes... I tortured myself!!! LOL!

You guys are really the greatest and very dear to my heart! Thanks so much!!!

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Thanks Allen, me too! Don't have to worry about doing that again for 5 more years!