2 ½ tablespoons of cinnamon
1/2 cup of butter, softened

For the icing:

1 (3-ounce) package of cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup of butter
1 1/2 cups of confectioners sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

Here’s what you need to do:

If you are using a bread machine, follow the manufacturers directions for the order to add the dough ingredients. Turn the machine on the dough cycle.

If you are not using a machine, dissolve the yeast in the warm milk mixed with the sugar in a large bowl. Let sit for 10 minutes until the mixture becomes foamy. Add the margarine, salt, and eggs. Add the flour and mix well. On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough for about 5 to 10 minutes. Put in a bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.

cinnamon-rolls-03.jpg
Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, cover and let the dough rest for about 10 minutes.

cinnamon-rolls-04.jpg
While the dough is rising, mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.

cinnamon-rolls-05.jpg
Roll the dough out into a rectangle measuring about 16 x 21 inches.

cinnamon-rolls-06.jpg
Spread with the 1/2 cup of softened butter.

cinnamon-rolls-07.jpg
Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture.

cinnamon-rolls-08.jpg
Beginning on the short end...

Roll the dough up into a log trying to keep it fairly tight.

cinnamon-rolls-10.jpg
Cut into 12 rolls.

cinnamon-rolls-11.jpg
Place in a 9 x 12 glass baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.

cinnamon-rolls-12.jpg
Cover and allow to rise in a warm place until the dough has doubled, about 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

cinnamon-rolls-13.jpg
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.

cinnamon-rolls-14.jpg
In a small bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese, softened butter and vanilla. Add the confectioner’s sugar. Mix well. Pour over the hot rolls when the come out of the oven.You can make these the night before and then let the dough sit on the counter for an hour before baking. The unbaked rolls also freeze well.

Last edited:

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I bet your house smells wonderful if those just came out of the oven! Those and apple pie just make the house smell fantastic!!! I can just imagine it in my mind's nose. lol

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
You're welcome! And, yes, the house smells wonderful! Just the smell will put on a couple of pounds!

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Man I love fresh cinamon rolls! Hint hint DW.... think I will share this recipe with her!:whistle:

But on your list of "here's what you'll need" you forgot one thing: A strict diet and exercise program!:lol:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Just a little tip for those who will be making cinnamon rolls. the last time I made them I made the frosting in my mini food processor, and it came out super silky and smooth. If you have one, give it a try.

P1010343.jpg

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Oh yeah!!! First off... no raisins!!! Second, I love me some synonym rolls!!! And LOVE the pictorials. I wished I lived next door to you!!!

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Ah hell no!!! One thing I can't stand is to see a beautiful cinnamon roll like above, take a bite, and big hairy-ass raisin be right in the middle of it! Yuck! Raisin free please!!!

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Yer just like DW, she hates raisins too!!

I love em, but just for the record not on my cinamon roll!! They are great in carrot cake though, with cream cheese frosting....hmmmmmmm

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I started doing the pictorals a while back when some of my kids friends who were new to cooking said they were intimidated by some recipes so they were afraid to try them. They told me the pictures made them feel more comfortable so I started including them with the recipes. A lot of people seem to like them and it makes my website a little different from others.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I like the pictures, even when the recipe is simple. I have a good imagination, but when trying a recipe for the first time I do like to know what it should look like as I make it and when it is done.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
I'm one of those people Mama.. I'm easily intimidated, specially when it comes to dough, so I REALLY appreciate the pics!

Ol-blue

Your recipe does not say how much flour. I'm sure I can figure it out, but I want to use my bread machine. I will have to use my mixer now and do it by feel.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Your recipe does not say how much flour. I'm sure I can figure it out, but I want to use my bread machine. I will have to use my mixer now and do it by feel.

Mama's recipe is almost identical to mine (printable), and here's what I use:

1 cup milk (heated to 110° F.)
1/4 cup warm water (110° F.)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
2 eggs, room temperature and beaten
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
5 cups (1# 9 oz.) bread flour
3 teaspoons instant active dry yeast

Ol-blue

Thanks...I have a recipe just like yours, it was my moms. My mom always added a little Semolina Flour to hers though.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Mama and Joe have you ever made the maple icing for them? I remember white or maple cinnamon rolls with or without raisins as a child. Gosh those are good!

You can make these the night before and then let the dough sit on the counter for an hour before baking. The unbaked rolls also freeze well.

I made these the other day, and they came out great. In the recipe it says you can freeze the unbaked rolls, and bake at a later date. So here is my question. Should they be frozen before or after they rise the second time ( after being rolled)? Im also guessing they would then have to be thawed out prior to baking.

Im not a baker , never was, and never will be, so these questions may seem dumb, but have no clue at all :blush:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Freeze them before the second rise. The yeast will still give the second rise after they thaw out.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

Sorry about that. I fixed it.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
The only cinnamon rolls i've ever tasted is them :yuk: nasty :yuk: freaken :yuk: whatchamacalets :yuk: out of the grocery :yuk: store :yuk:. :puke1::puke1::puke1::puke1:Mama, I guess i'm just gonna have to try yours.................. cause yours look delichious.