Do You Eat Imported Seafood?

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i am grateful i am quite aware of whom i should avoid when purchasing seafood & mongers that i ought preferentially stick w/ & then w/ Chef's approval; i prefer places those guys tout.
a guy @ 1 counter (elsewhere!, elsewhere~) recently got so very impatient, sighing & incrediously unprofessional, ohhhhh', says he, 'she wants 2 check the tilapia b-4 she'll accept an order.' (i'd yet 2 place my order. this is kinda my reasoning 4 that.) he wouldv'e obliged sans sarcasm & berating if his seafood was fresh. loud as he could, then snickering. (way 2 be, there, man. great way 2 lose half your place's customers & your job, to boot.) (wink.)
i rang corparate, got a personally-written 'oops' from then, & i ain't the only customer they lost that evening.
he'd previously gotten dagnabbin ignorant w/ me although that's too much 4 me 2 post, too rude. let me say this, though- he went from thier deli-counter 2 thier meat counter, onto thier seafood counter, then returned 2 thier deli-counter, sans sanitation.
seems 2 me as if he should be working w/ an entity that is...... less food-oriented.
he gave me old deli-turkey, too, after saying, when i said, 'is that turkey fresh.' he says,
'arrived fresh-in this morning.' so i get further skeptical.
yins shoulda seen this guys brash, unprofessional/ignorant, rudeness when i get a pound then continue on 2 give that a once-over, & then when i noticed the meat was funky & says i ain't gonna 2 buy.
kinda a, 'aw, heck naw, man, i ain't taking this.'er yins on your rockers.......'

Last edited:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
& yeah, i got a decent gift-card from them, too, w/ that written, 'oops', that i may have in 1 of my bags, yet.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
The only salmon I can buy here is from Chile. I have done some research and find that the packing practices are impeccable, but the farming practices? Maybe not. I avoid antibiotics if I can, and don't want to ingest them through the fish, poultry, meat or milk that I consume. I love salmon, and so does Jerry - we are from the Pacific NW, where fresh, wild-caught salmon is available seasonally. Last few times I've shopped, I look wistfully at the frozen salmon, pick it up and examine it (it looks beautiful and tastes great), and then put it back. I also have some Vietnamese basa in my freezer. Hmm. I have read both good and bad things about basa. We can get nice fresh dorado (mahi-mahi) and huachinango (red snapper) here at the market, so I guess I'll stick to that.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i am grateful i am quite aware of whom i should avoid when purchasing seafood & mongers that i ought preferentially stick w/ & then w/ Chef's approval; i prefer places those guys tout.
a guy @ 1 counter (elsewhere!, elsewhere~)

clarification, there, on that, 'elsewheres' whereabouts- that was here, nearby me; i meant that they weren't my usual, reputable seafood mongers.