Supernatural Brownies

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Supernatural Brownies
This recipe is based on Nick Malgieri's Supernatural Brownies.

Ingredients:
2 sticks sweet butter
8 ounces bittersweet chocolate (I love to use Ghirardelli)
4 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar (make sure there are no lumps--use a freshly opened box)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups walnut or pecan pieces, optional (as I am allergic, I do not often use them)

Directions.
Grease a 13-by 9-by 2-inch pan with extra butter than the recipe calls for, then line the pan with buttered parchment. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. You will be placing these brownies to bake in the middle of your oven so adjust your rack accordingly.
Melt the butter and chocolate together being careful not to burn the chocolate. This can be done in a double boiler. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk the four eggs together. Then, whisk in the salt, the granulalted sugar, the brown sugar and the vanilla extract. It is very important that there are no sugar lumps at this point. Stir in the melted butter and chocolate, and then lightly fold in flour. You do not want to create gluten here, these are a rich, moist fudgy brownie and are not cakelike. You just want to ensure that there are no lumps of flour in your batter. If you are using the nuts, fold those in last.
Spread the brownie mixture evenly into the pan. Bake the brownies for roughly 45 minutes. The brownie top will create a shiny crust and the batter will be moist but firm. Cool the brownies in the pan on a rack. When cool, you can wrap them in platic and keep them at room temperature or refrigerate them until the next day. Chocolate desserts always taste better after they have aged a day.
Remove the brownies from the pan and have them right side up. Trim the hard edges and reserve for another purpose. Cut them into 24 equal sized squares. I like to dust them before serving with powdered sugar if I am not serving them a la mode with hot fudge sauce.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
^Bump. This is the way, I make Nick Malgieri's Supernatural Brownies. However, as previously stated, I prefer to cut them much smaller as they are so rich. My friend loses all control whenever I bake these. She just can't stop eating them.

eeturk

I know this post is reeeally old and I'm sorry for dredging it up but I just made these and they are soooo good! I highly recommend this recipe, even over my usual favorite Ina Garten brownies!

qwfNd92wzwwKCZR2BKOSMkMsDcCll5crWK--iaiKbDmU6-agz-hobYj-tLsv0mvK6773VyUXaxiBB463mvatSgWHo7JVnm6mlitJ5DARHdODYd-9UH_ZkE2qjTg4Q2feal1Ahzqv_OnxTB4JOLPIPLsi9nVuhGEls3QzUqL1b12-DBSEyWPMRpsvVrvuSErNCSt5ZsQxAg4WsYTbieIqFjoPtJElX-SgZnUUcniQHk5LkVIXzcX8t-rCEyoWz2BIzxnVMPQet16e2W6io1Hhx7sqeLVbrBWKYgvFRf8JjKPPi9Fp1RELdS7zlDA2DDCrH84Kmq99_E_qBa1EcHs1gciRNGzgCLEjYgUZKcrpxvyU_E-rUR2RnyDB2lCmuO4P9Sfc2XMuVqYjqPMS1k69UKYeNUp5tAU6_s5csbQrGG8A7snpf5-sMuLXDKxyXtLJlvAtYE4oxOpb5L9Cz40RIo3DVI_nV184c0yMM1tl15RN2zr-tkJBFU17M4FR5Ycyz_kbRlFTMkaslNd_SXHhZUHmWa8FfxEMvexYc1QI8DTUE6My1tDaM89w75WNraEFcvrOAno=w1253-h481-l75-ft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416602847.583456.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416602847.583456.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 1,058
Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
eeturk, please don't feel badly about bumping up old threads - we love it!

And thanks for posting your results with a photo - my mouth is watering!

Lee