Buckytom's Moroccan Style Shish Kebabs

buckytom

Grill Master
qsis asked, so here it be.

i made these with chunks of pork tenderloin the first time, which were ok, but i think a fattier cut of pork would be better. or make much larger chunks so as not to dry out. beef and lamb are perfect for this, and chicken thighs would work as well.

if you do choose to use a lean cut like tenderloin or chicken breasts, be sure to serve with a side of my tsatsiki sauce: http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15618

ingredients:
2 lbs of cubed beef, pork, or chicken
2 heaping tbsps chopped fresh parsley
2 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to use just before for grilling
1 head of garlic, chopped
1 tsp teaspoon sea salt
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp of dried oregano
1 tbsp freshly ground coriander seeds
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
2 limes, juiced
1 red bell pepper
2 medium red onions
4 cups large seedless green grapes
10 shish kebab skewers, soaked in water

directions:

cut the meat into cubes; leaner cuts should be larger, approx 2 inches cubed. fattier beef or pork can be 1 inch cubed. place cubes into a gallon ziplock bag.

cut the onions in half and seperate into pieces also about the same size as the cubed meat. some can be folded in half if thin.
cut the red peppers in small squares about the same size as the cubed meat. add both to the ziplock bag.

place all remaining ingredients except the grapes into the ziplock, and mush around to incorporate.

refrigerate anyhwhere from 4 hours to overnight.

remove meat and veggies from bag and shake to remove excess garlic chunks and marinade.

skewer, alternating meat, grapes, peppers, and onions. grapes should not be on the ends or they'll fall off.

drizzle with a little evoo before placing on the grill.

grill over medium heat until the meat is to your liking (beef and lamb = medium rare, pork = medium, chicken = medium well), then finishing over very hot coals or a searing burner to brown/crisp the edges.

serve with yellow rice or grilled pitas, and a side salad.

http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15618

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I know it looks good because I saw your picture! :thumb: Thanks for posting the recipe.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Fantastic!

I am kind of a wimp, when it comes to spicey. Was the combination of red pepper flakes, cayenne and ginger calmed down pretty much when it hit your tongue?

Thanks, BT!

Lee

buckytom

Grill Master
yes, and yes. :agree:
tastsiki is cooling, and the heat is definitely tempered by everything else going on. but if you're not a fan of hot food, leave out the cayenne and reduce the red pepper flakes in half. it's certainly not a really hot spicy dish, but some people might be a little more sensitive.