OH Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carolina Cooking

I have been looking on this other forum for a while now, not really interested in joining.

Now I know for sure I WON"T!

Chico aka the Tourist Jerk & Bully is a new member , fresh from Cooking.com. :bonk::boxing::evil:

His first post is a rant & 4 pages of $hit. The admin is letting him be a member :drama:That right there tells me something.
Not going to bother with it.

Carolina Cooking

Oh its NOT this forum. Its another one. Admin is letting him be a member there . He has already caused havic..

Lots of us moved here becuz the admin & mods & members are great. :respect::respect:

:a1: for this cooking forum..

In case I missed you (& a few other new members from other sites), Welcome to NCT. You have made some suggestions re new topics you would like to see here (that were lacking elsewhere). New suggestions for improvement, are always welcome in my book, if it will benefit the majority.

If I may speak frankly, singling out/badmouthing a member by name, or otherwise, from other forums, serves no purpose here. If I may suggest, give yourself some time to settle in here & share with the members here. Join whatever Forum you like, & there's usually an ignore feature. NCT also offers a Backroom. There will always be a bad apple that goes from site to site, trying to stink up a Forum. Eventually, they are tapped out, & start their own site. Doc, has been more than generous, in allowing topics that are way out there for a cooking forum, but I only read what is appealing to me.

Last edited:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Oh its NOT this forum. Its another one. Admin is letting him be a member there . He has already caused havic..

Lots of us moved here becuz the admin & mods & members are great. :respect::respect:

:a1: for this cooking forum..

for a second @ 1st i thought u meant someone here, then i got your gist. oooppps:blush: anyhoo. i agree w/ u; i now stick w/ the good, the great places, though on occassion i'm on eleswhere this is theeeeeeeeeeee place to be :)

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Which site is he terrorizing now? So I can avoid it!!

(And I see no problem posting on more than 1 site.)

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I have been looking on this other forum for a while now, not really interested in joining.

Now I know for sure I WON"T!

Chico aka the Tourist Jerk & Bully is a new member , fresh from Cooking.com. :bonk::boxing::evil:

His first post is a rant & 4 pages of $hit. The admin is letting him be a member :drama:That right there tells me something.
Not going to bother with it.

Then why even post here about it?
One of my pet peeves is people continually posting stuff that's going on, on other forums and then posting what they see or deplore about another forum.
If you want to be a member here, be a member here.
Leave what's bugging you for private PM with others who might feel the same.
I know The Tourist is a jerk.
Don't give him or anyone else who may be of his ilk any sort of anything on this forum.
This is Netcookingtalk.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I think she/we should be able to post about anything she/we would like to as long as it doesn't violate any of the rules of the forum. Is there a rule that it violates that I missed somewhere? I don't think that ANY of us "leave what's bugging us to private PM's"....we even have a "Rants and Raves" thread that was started by Doc for goodness sake.

Carolina Cooking

One of my pet peeves is people continually posting stuff that's going on, on other forums and then posting what they see or deplore about another forum.
Don't give him or anyone else who may be of his ilk any sort of anything on this forum.
This is Netcookingtalk.

hummm I am not one to fight with anyone so lets just say.

I have seen 'several' posts by you that do more then vent.

I would never copy a private PM and post online in a forum for all to see.

There is no private PM big enough . It seems EVERYONE feels about him the same. MY bet is he never went after you, or you wouldn't be saying this.

Yes I know this is Netcookingtalk. That is why I am a active member here & no where else. Huge plus that he or any other rif raff like him (or her) is NOT here.

OH wait , should I have PM'd
you over this rant??? :poster_oops::sorry:

Nuf said...

Carolina Cooking

There are no rules concerning posting the goings on at other forums.

Boy I could have given ya'll a ear full on that . :ohmy:

It doesn't take to long for the word to get out about the going's on , on other forums. Folks see that for themself.

When active members are bullied & thrashed & the admins & Mods let it go on & do nothing AND they like the BULLY its time to excuse yourself & get out of harms way.

Not everyone agrees with every thing that is said & thats ok, its about :respect:

K

Kimchee

OK, my problem with posts like this is that you don't give full information.
There are hundreds of members of this place, and only a handful know the
"secret" information...
WHO the hell is this person?
WHERE the hell is this other forum?
WHY the hell are you speaking so mysteriously about it here???

It's like you are running around saying "I have a secret, na na na nanananaaa",
or "I know more than you dooooooooo..."

You say "boy I can give you an ear full on that..."

OK, give us the ear full. Lay it out. Quit posting just enough information to (IMHO)
feel superior to the rest of us. Tell us where. Tell us who.
Or tell us nothing and don't make posts like this.

You have to remember that most of us do not have any sufficient knowledge to make your mysterious posts about this evil person to MAKE YOUR POSTS ENJOYABLE... they are just frustrating.

rant over, won't mention it again.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
It seems EVERYONE feels about him the same. MY bet is he never went after you, or you wouldn't be saying this.

Yes I know this is Netcookingtalk. That is why I am a active member here & no where else. Huge plus that he or any other rif raff like him (or her) is NOT here.

You'd be wrong there.
Doc's FF, my home forum.. is where I first encountered The Tourist.

I could write a book on the constant bombardment of theatrical insanity he used to post over there, before he finally got shown the door.
When I first joined here, he tried playing the good old pal of mine routine, and it was embarrassing to say the least.

He started making claims about something that could have easily become a legal issue, THEN he was out of MY internet space for good.

'Nuff said for you on this subject?

S.Shepherd

OK, my problem with posts like this is that you don't give full information.
There are hundreds of members of this place, and only a handful know the
"secret" information...
WHO the hell is this person?
WHERE the hell is this other forum?
WHY the hell are you speaking so mysteriously about it here???

It's like you are running around saying "I have a secret, na na na nanananaaa",
or "I know more than you dooooooooo..."

You say "boy I can give you an ear full on that..."

OK, give us the ear full. Lay it out. Quit posting just enough information to (IMHO)
feel superior to the rest of us. Tell us where. Tell us who.
Or tell us nothing and don't make posts like this.

You have to remember that most of us do not have any sufficient knowledge to make your mysterious posts about this evil person to MAKE YOUR POSTS ENJOYABLE... they are just frustrating.

rant over, won't mention it again.

I'll give you a distilled explination

he's a blowhard that sharpens knives...

here's a example from a forum that can pick a nit down to an atom. Alot of very skilled and knowledgable chefs, along with SERIOUSLY hardcore knife nuts.

http://www.foodieforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?10498-What-exactly-is-a-kitchen-knife

Last edited:

QuirkyCookery

*skips over the drama*

Annyyywaaayyy..... it's possible that the admin just doesn't realize what kind of trouble maker he is yet (or the extent), or thinks he'll trail off on his own. I wouldn't discount the board entirely, though. Maybe the guy will be gone in a few weeks and the rest of the forum and admin choices are right up your alley otherwise. It might be worth saving the link and checking back in the future, just in case.

mhend

This is Netcookingtalk.

Sass - you know what this thread is about.

If it's such a pet peeve then why in the world do you keep reading it?

Why do you feel the need to post your criticism when it has absolutely nothing to do with you?

Why don't you just skip it?

My guess is that you thrive on the drama. Pure and simple. People have a right to post whatever they want within the rules.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
one had to be there and 'invested' to appreciate the magnitude of destruction this individual created - or, more accurately, the magnitude of destruction the Forum Admin permitted this individual to create.

creeps abound; it's the Admin responsibility to de-creep the place. "over there" failed, in spades.

The Tourist has been banned in so many places I won't bother to enumerate. if you can not contain your curiosity, use Yahoo.com to search on "The Tourist" and "Banned"

he purports to be for all honesty and forth righteousness. just try it. he'll hammer you into the ground. or the staff, or the admin, or outright lies. essentially he specializes in becoming disruptive and then invites - or perhaps a better term - "dares" the Admin to ban him. and if he doesn't get his way, he threatens lawsuits against the site. after having his status changed to "Abandoned Acct" he continued to harass Forum members via Private Messages to the point he was in fact banned by the Forum Admin.

by his own admission he wears his banning as a "red badge of courage." absolutely no comment on his perception of "courage" forthcoming.

a bunch of people left "there" to come "here" - that's about all that needs to be said. it may not be against the (here) rules to tell tales out of Fori, but it's hardly of any use. the only possible value is "don't go to Forum XXX because ZZZ is there raising hell." end of statement, fair warning, useful information in its own right for those who have any idea what the information is about.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
While no TOS violations have taken place, the moderating staff believes the thread has run it's course and it headed in a direction that can only lead to bad feelings. Seems everyone has had a chance to be heard on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.