BOO!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Re: Happy Birthday Paymaster

Belated Happy Birthday to you, Paymaster!

I hope you had a WONDERFUL day!

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Here's another belated Happy Birthday wish for ya Paymaster. :happybday1:

Sorry I missed it yesterday but I hope you had an utterly fantastic day. :dancing: :thewave: :thewave: :beer: And that you are feeling good today, no after effects from your celebrating. :thumb:

Squirrel

Mess Cook
Site Supporter

Happy Birthday! I can't help but wonder if this is the same Paymaster from another site I frequent, one that has to do with Smoking Meat! Woohoo! :blob_blue:

Squirrel

Mess Cook
Site Supporter
Newbie from Georgia!

Howdie all, I'm Cheryl from Georgia. I'm addicted to cooking, especially smoking meat and charcuterie. I'm looking forward to meeting some new folks and learning a thing or two! :wave:

Sweet_tooth

Banned
Re: Newbie from Georgia!

Well then welcome you of coarse know me.when you get 2 know every you will love it here i know i do :D

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Hi Cheryl!!!! Welcome to our little intenet cooking forum. :tiphat: :clap: :clap:
I'm glad you found us.
I'd love to see new ideas for smoking meat. I hope you will share with us what you have learned so far.
Enjoy and Post often. :thumb: :D

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

Welcome Cheryl from one Georgia Peach to another :wave:!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter

hi, squirrel! luv charcuterie, too!
have a great time here. we're a good blend of people.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter

Welcome to the Forum! :tiphat:

Glad you found us!

Jim

Sweet_tooth

Banned

so plz tell us a bit about yourself if you want to of coarse ummm here to make i fair i love:

Anime,games,paranormal research,listing to Michael Jackson,Antiques,foreign Currency collecting,odd facts,and jokes

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter

Hi Cheryl - Glad to have you here. Glad to have another BBQ'er.

How many smokers and what kind? Just curious.

We have folks here that have everything from small ones to a smoke house.

Andy

Squirrel

Mess Cook
Site Supporter

Well, let's see, I'm a professional photographer mainly sports like a ton of golf clubs. I also do a lot of baby pics, family reunions, parties. NO WEDDINGS LOL! Learned my lesson on that.

I'm also a personal chef (cook really, didn't go to school) but I am in to smoking meat and making my own sausages. Everything from scratch like pasta, breads etc. I have a regular customer base.

I live out in the country on 11 acres with 30 large pecan trees. Single, gonna keep it that way. I have two cats and will soon have my own chickens.

I like to paint, cook, read, EAT, garden, power tools are my friend. I am working on converting my one car garage in to a wood working shop.

As far as smokers go, I have a Meadow Creek TS120, Primo XL, John Deere Traeger, MES 40", 2 Weber 22.5" and a Smokey Joe!

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter

You certainly have smokers covered in all sizes.

I converted my one car garage into a woodshop. It's fun.

Awful glad to have you here.

Andy

Squirrel

Mess Cook
Site Supporter

Well Andy you need to give me some tips on converting the garage. It's currently holding all my smoking wood. I have plenty of recepticles and a crappy work bench. The biggest problem I have is the garage door won't close. I had my neighbor look at it and he can't figure it out. Time to call in a pro.

Ian M.

Hi, Cheryl. Welcome to NCT! Sure glad you found us. Nice to have a professional photographer here, too. My Mum was a super photographer for many years, working for a major magazine. She wouldn't do weddings, either....she always said you only get one chance and if you blow it you never get a do-over! Her favorite things to shoot were scenics, kids and animals.....and FOOD. All I've got is the camera in my cell phone and I'm not especially good with even that - the bain of my mother's existence, I suspect!

Ian :)

Squirrel

Mess Cook
Site Supporter

Well Ian your Mother hit the nail on the head about weddings. I only did one and thankfully all my pics turned out great, but the stress was not worth the money.

I guess I am a sell-out because even though I've had pictures in sports magazines I chose money over credits. That's why I am semi-retired I suppose. :blob_blue::blob_blue::blob_blue:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Hi Cheryl!!

HUGE welcome to NCT!!! You sound like one really interesting and fun person, and I cannot wait to see some of your recipes and pictures of your dishes!

Lee

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter

Well Cheryl, I can't help you with what to do with the smoke wood. I heated my house with wood for several years. I stacked it on pallets with old plywood on top. I Don't know of that would work for you.

I don't have a lot of benches per se. I did build a 4' X 5' work table on wheels. It has storage underneath. I also insert a router table in one end.

Pay good attention to the garage door. I would replace it with a steel one. I got robbed of $2,400.00 worth of power tools.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

Welcome, Cheryl. Help yourself to a sticky bun. Coffee's around the corner, or have a nice cold glass of milk.

P1020551.jpg

Our son is professional videographer, editor and photographer. He, also, loathes wedding photography, because he says NOBODY is ever happy. He stays away like the plague.