Wednesday, 1/26/2011, Whats cooking?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Probably Tacos today. You are not going to believe it but my family has requested sesame chicken AGAIN!!

Any plans?

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I'm making lobster tail with colossal shrimp. Haven't decided for sure, but I'm thinking of butter-poaching it and serving it with just a salad.

Orange cake for dessert.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I ended up with blackened catfish and a baked potato last night. Not sure about tonight. Never had butter poached lobster, but that sure sounds fantastic.

Deelady

LOL Thats funny Peeps....we might have to send them to rehab for it!! ;)

Heres our dinner...Cheddar burgers topped with Slobber sauce and shoe string onion rings with a side of pickles and fries that were seasoned with Old Bay Blackened Seasoning. It was gooooooooood!!!

Attachments

• food 587.jpg
    food 587.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 107
  • food 589.jpg
    food 589.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 113

Leni

I'm not sure. We may go out tonight or celebrate my birthday this weekend instead. I've got ham, leftover au gratin potates and a salad.

Guts

Deelady I don't make hamburgers very often, but years are very tempting with onion rings too Yum

I'm finishing up the last of my pork loin chops probably was some hot sauce and the last of the flour tortillas. Made a chocolate malt last night thinking of making a strawberry one tonight. No, I am going to make a strawberry malt tonight!

Guts

I'm not sure. We may go out tonight or celebrate my birthday this weekend instead. I've got ham, leftover au gratin potates and a salad.

Leni not sure what day your birthday is. But I wish you a happy birthday and may it be the best one ever.
Kim

Deelady

Thanks you Guts :) I could go for a Stawberry milkshake myself! YUM!

I second the Happy Birthday to you Leni!! Have a Blessed one!!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I'll third the Happy Birthday Leni!

I made chicken and corn soup but your looks much better Dee!

Attachments

• ww-chicken-corn-soup.jpg
    ww-chicken-corn-soup.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 108

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh gosh, Dee - does everyone but me know what "slobber sauce" is? We're having leftover beef stew tonight...

Happy Birthday, Leni! If it is today, you share a birthday with my son Jeff, who is 40 today. He's a sweetheart, so the stars must be aligned right on January 26.

PanchoHambre

heating up some pea soup and making an oatmeal quickbread. Snowy night so thick soup should be about right, Made it with a leftover ham and bone so it is nice and rich.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Looks good Dee and Mama!! :applause: YUMMY!!

Happy Birthday Leni and Jeff!!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
That slobber sauce looks worth slobbering over, all right! Peeps - no pics? You don't sound very excited about your tacos...

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
That slobber sauce looks worth slobbering over, all right! Peeps - no pics? You don't sound very excited about your tacos...
I don't have one of those stands to hold the tacos and it would look messy.

AND there was WWIII going on sooooooooooooooo.......

mhend

Looks delicious, Dee and Mama!

The kids and I went for burgers with their grandparents tonight. We are gonna be on a soup and sandwich kick for the next few days until we move and get settled. :)

SilverSage

Resident Crone
We were celebrating, of sorts. So it was a shrimp & lobster feast.

Attachments

• lobster shrimp 026.jpg
    lobster shrimp 026.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 89
  • lobster shrimp 028.jpg
    lobster shrimp 028.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 93
  • lobster shrimp 033.jpg
    lobster shrimp 033.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 90

Guts

dinner was some seasoned pork fried up and served on a flour tortilla with homemade hot sauce from next-door. The gratuity, I got for bringing them some of mamas peanut butter pound cake. but the strawberry malt hit the spot. Hot fudge sundae tomorrow have to get some nut topping for that.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 106
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 105

lilylove

Paul bought some shrimp from the boats today so I sauted them up and served them on a bed of sauted leeks. T'was mighty tasty.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
OH LORD SS!! That plate looks fantastic!!

Guts I love malt!! I use the same malt powder to make peach malts.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Oh my, SS...I'd celebrate Wednesday or anything else you'd want to celebrate for that dinner :respect:!

Your strawberry shake look delicious Guts!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
SS, only one word for your dinner, "heavenly." I love malts, too - and would LOVE to have that container of Carnation malted milk. Can't find it here at all - that will be at the top of my list next time I go north, probably in a few months. Sorry about the battle zone, Peeps...I didn't take a picture of my leftover beef stew, either - but it was lots better today than it was yesterday.

Deelady

Wow SS that looks like dinner was done by a competative TV chef! Beautiful!

Yummy!! I want a shake too!!